SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    September 2020... would you carry a P365 XL?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

September 2020... would you carry a P365 XL? Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted
Is it ready?

Thanks.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not?

The issues that came up early on with the P365 have been addressed some time ago. The later XLs never faced any of those problems. Now IF there are additional issues...those would be problems that I've not heard. As far as I'm concerned, the XL is as good to go as the regular P365.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Yes, I would.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seeing as how I already do, yes.

Posts: 45 | Registered: June 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved mine. Finally got a Romeo Zero and it was the cat's meow for shooting and shooting fast.

So, I sold it!

I carry AIWB and it is just a hair, and I mean maybe 1/4-1/2" too long to be comfortable in my holsters. The barrel presses into my poor little (or maybe not so
little) body when sitting as in driving or eating and it gets uncomfortable.

I am thinking of getting another, but probably will wait till this "stuff" going on in our world stops or slows down and guns become more available.

Other that the length, there was nothing not to like about the XL.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep.

quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
The issues that came up early on with the P365 have been addressed some time ago. The later XLs never faced any of those problems.

And yep.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
September 2020... would you carry a P365 XL?

No. The P365 does the same thing but in a smaller package.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Razz

I have carried my non-XL P365 a few times and would have no hesitation doing so in the future whenever it is appropriate. Mine has a manual safety, but that wasn't because it is a P365. I would have required that of any similar gun to be carried in a similar manner.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So now I am wondering when Sig will release a P365 non-XL version with the optic cut/plate. It's only just a matter of time, but it will probably be available as a slide in the Sig Store. The G43X and G48 MOS versions just upped the ante.

For 4:00 (or 8:00 for me) carry, there is a little difference between the two. And you can swap grip frames between regular and XL if you want.

The XL barrel length is 3.7" which is a just a bit longer than the usual standard of ~3.5" for many small pistols.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gtnc:
Seeing as how I already do, yes.

This

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I forget - what was the exact issue and fix? I recall something about springs.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Yes. Been carrying one for over a year now. I own two. One has 1500+ rounds fired, the other about 800. Zero malfunctions.

My carry round for it is the Federal 124gr +P HST

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I carry the P365 XL daily.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
Current production, yes.

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Cool, thanks. I'm thinking of picking one up and giving it a try. Maybe the one with the optic included.

I kind of want both to put the XL slide on the little frame. That's a cool, CCO like, combo.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ You just missed out on PSA's P365 XL with Romeo Zero from today. Usually, the P365 became out of stock within minutes of their email notifications. I'm surprised the XL was still in stock almost all day, but it's gone now.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^ You just missed out on PSA's P365 XL with Romeo Zero from today. Usually, the P365 became out of stock within minutes of their email notifications. I'm surprised the XL was still in stock almost all day, but it's gone now.

Close. Next time.

I was just on their site earlier, too.

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Slight thread drift but I am also considering getting an XL but with the Romeo Zero optic. Anyone have any thoughts on the optic?

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
What holster do you all like? I've read one can just use an non-xl hoslter and maybe trim the opening so the extra slide length goes through. That's nice. Of course the optics are a thing to consider.

I haven't bought a new holster in 5yrs or so.

quote:
quote:

Fair point. I would probably prefer the long slide on the short body. I really need to try both.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I would and do. I really like the 365 too and shoot it just as well, but the XL just feels a little better to me and conceals pretty much the same. The extra length doesn’t seem to bother me while carrying.

quote:

What holster do you all like? I've read one can just use an non-xl hoslter and maybe trim the opening so the extra slide length goes through. That's nice. Of course the optics are a thing to consider.

I use a Comptac infidel ultra max to carry my 365xl. It’s a hybrid holster that has a kydex body mounted to a piece of leather. It’s very comfortable. Before that I carried the 365 in the same brand. And before that I carried a G19 in one. I love the comptac. I think you could just use a file or a soldering iron to open up the bottom of the holster but the comptac allows you you buy a new kydex body for around 25 bucks so I just did that.

quote:

Fair point. I would probably prefer the long slide on the short body. I really need to try both.

That what I thought too. The reason I bought the XL was to create this setup. Turns out that even though I love the XL and the regular 365, I hated the 365L. The long slide threw the balance off and the 2 finger grip just didn’t secure the gun enough for me. I shot a couple hundred rounds through it but ended up hating it. I switched both guns back and just carry the XL now.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post