SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    **UPDATE bottom of page 1**HK P2000SK Vs Walther P99C: Range report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**UPDATE bottom of page 1**HK P2000SK Vs Walther P99C: Range report Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
So recently we have seen a considerable price drop in some HK’s including P2000’s, P30’s, and HK 45’s. We have also seen a pretty dramatic price drop on the Walther P99C in 9mm. Size wise they are comparable with the P2000SK being taller overall (taller slide) and having a shorter slide. They are both DA/SA with the Walther also having a AS or Anti-Stress mode which is activated by racking the slide. It basically functions as a two-stage trigger, Long lite pull (about 1-2 lbs) until you reach the half way point and then it’s a short typical SA pull about 4.5 lbs. you can decock the gun and it goes into traditional DA mode that is about 8 lbs. Even the 8 lb DA mode is still lighter and smoother than then the HK. The HK DA/SA trigger is useable but nothing to write home about. The reset on the Walther is probably the shortest on any factory striker gun I have shot. Very similar to the reset on the Canik TP9SF. They both hold 10 rounds in the mag. The mag release paddles on the Walther are larger and easier to manipulate. All in all the Walther is winning this one.

First 50 rounds through each at 10 yards:

The P99C was definitely more accurate in my hands. For this target I fired 10 rounds at 7 yards, 10 yards, 15 yards, 20 yards, and 25 yards. All fired free standing unsupported.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dusty78,

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the range report. The P99c has always had a reputation of being an accurate shooter and it shows in your pics. That deal on the P99c is hard to pass up. I am thinking about getting one before they are all gone.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures. Makes me miss my p99 AS full size.

Posts: 124 | Registered: March 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark71:
Thanks for the range report. The P99c has always had a reputation of being an accurate shooter and it shows in your pics. That deal on the P99c is hard to pass up. I am thinking about getting one before they are all gone.

Yeah I’m thinking of ordering a second. I have to cool
It though...this is just the last two weeks worth of purchases Eek damn these good deals!

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by Mark71:

Yeah I’m thinking of ordering a second. I have to cool
It though...this is just the last two weeks worth of purchases Eek damn these good deals!

Lots of German goodness in that picture. The HK price drop is making my wallet shake. These sure are good times.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Nice collection there Dusty. I enjoyed the report.

I transitioned from a DA/SA P2000sk to the P30sk LEM when they were released and was amazed at how accurate they are. I think that I might need to grab a P99c as well to compare it to.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I've wanted a P2000SK and a 45C for a long time now.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
This thread will probably cost me money. I just saw that Shoot Straight has these P99c's for $339.00 and I can get it with a local pickup.

Yup, just ordered one! Couldn't resist.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: terma-nator,

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report!

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Well you caused me to just purchase the 99c.
Great write up and is the a best place to find mags for these?
thanks again

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thomjb:
Well you caused me to just purchase the 99c.
Great write up and is the a best place to find mags for these?
thanks again

There’s a ton of mags on eBay

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Where you shooting the HK SA for your follow-up shots?

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report.
I have been debating getting a Walther P99C for a long time now.

I have a P2000sk, but I have always been intrigued and wondered about the P99C, especially with the prices I have been seeing on the internet.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Where you shooting the HK SA for your follow-up shots?

Yes

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terma-nator:
This thread will probably cost me money. I just saw that Shoot Straight has these P99c's for $339.00 and I can get it with a local pickup.

Yup, just ordered one! Couldn't resist.

That is a very good deal, and they are still in stock. I got a P99c through Gunbroker just before Christmas (Merry Christmas to me!) but paid $30 more.

It has worked very well for me.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Steve McQueen of SIGforum
Picture of mosquito
posted Hide Post
I carry a P2000sk as my concealed carry choice, but I can’t shoot very well with the flat plate on the magazine. I have to use the extension to have any accuracy. The P99C looks even shorter.

www.seventactical.com

Posts: 4711 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: December 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mosquito:
I carry a P2000sk as my concealed carry choice, but I can’t shoot very well with the flat plate on the magazine. I have to use the extension to have any accuracy. The P99C looks even shorter.

The P99C comes with a pinky rest mag as well, one of each. The p99c won out in every regard for me so I’m selling the P2000SK

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I installed some Meprolights on the P99C. These sights work on the P99, P99C, and PPQ 9mm/40. Super easy to install. All you need is a small flat head screw driver and a Glock front sight tool. No punches or sight pushers required. The front sight goes on like a Glock front sight. Take the small hex head screw out of the factory sight with the Walther supplied Allen wrench. Then install the front sight with some locktite. Then to remove the rear sight simply turn the screw all the way until it comes out, press the Little Spring loaded detent down and slide the rear sight off. It is held in place by the detent so no fitting is necessary. Slide the new rear sight in by hand while holding down the detent. Reinstall the screw and you are done. Windage is stil adjutable by rotating the rear sight screw. Took me all of 5 min.

Sights were $75 shipped from copsplus on eBay.

The POI is a little higher then with the factory front sight but not bad. Here is a 15 yard target. The guy shooting next to me was shooting a scoped AR10 at 10 yards...what’s wrong with this picture Eek