SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thinking of trading in my Sig P229 Equinox
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking of trading in my Sig P229 Equinox Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted
I buy many guns, but have only ever gotten rid of one. I am thinking of selling my Sig P229 Equinox .40 as I am going to a gun show tomorrow and would use it to put towards another firearm. I really would like to put it towards a P229 Legion, but I am not sure I will find that at the gun show. I am trying to find what a good price would be to expect for a used gun so I would appreciate any help. This gun has rarely been fired and is in great condition.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't help on the price. However, the market for .40's stinks. I really like the caliber, but it's out of vogue nowadays.

My LGS doesn't order any .40 pistols for stock nowadays. Also, won't even take them in trade.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t. You probably won’t get much more than $400-$500. The 40 market is dead as disco.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Can't help on the price. However, the market for .40's stinks. I really like the caliber, but it's out of vogue nowadays.

My LGS doesn't order any .40 pistols for stock nowadays. Also, won't even take them in trade.

I like .40 as well and it is silly how the fad switches calibers, but yet it does. I truly have a Sig .357 barrel in it and will keep the barrel for the next Gun so that is why I will be selling it as a .40.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I wouldn’t. You probably won’t get much more than $400-$500. The 40 market is dead as disco.

Yup.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

I will try, but if that price is what I am offered then I will not take it. I would rather keep it and just buy another gun, but I will try. I am definitely not desperate.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wait until the .40 rises from the ashes, then sell.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Very true as it will happen.

posted Hide Post
Keep it and buy a 9mm conversion barrel specific for the p229 .40.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:

Yeah, just give the FBI a few years. Wink

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL....yet again, very true.

posted Hide Post
Other than the capacity or cost of .40 ammo, my p229 shoots as soft as a 9mm does. I was actually surprised at how little effort it took to shoot it compared to other calibers. The Equinox line is my favorite of all the Sigs, as they are just gorgeous to view. Like the others have said, you are probably going to take a bath when selling it unfortunately. I have seen new standard P229 .40 pistols selling for only $550-600.00 at a couple shops in South Florida, for whatever reason. If you don't like the .40 and really want something else, life is too short to settle but only you can decide how much of a loss you are willing to accept. If it has the original grips and sights, you might get $500-600.00 with the right buyer.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL....yet again, very true.

Keep in mind that they'll first have to go through their requisite G20 10mm fetish before realizing that bears rarely if ever make the ten most wanted and DHS watch lists. So it might take a little longer... Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Post it in the Forum classifieds, you never know. And, sell with both barrels for a better price.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
The gun show I went to today was not very good other than I got a great leather holster for my P938.

I decided to not sell my P229 Equinox and I will just keep it. I used my money today to buy a second P938 from Gunbroker as one will be for my wife and now the new one for me. Later I will just buy another P229 Legion in either .40 or .9mm.