SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Nice video of upgraded P320 trigger in action
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nice video of upgraded P320 trigger in action Login/Join 
posted
Seth with On target training shooting a post upgraded P320 compact. He always does some really good videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3seP7wyqDI

Posts: 95 | Location: Richardson, Texas | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent video. Clearly shows the upgraded trigger characteristics. Initial pull and the reset.

One video is worth 100,000 words. While I've read a number of posts regarding the characteristics of the upgraded trigger, the vid told me precisely what the result of the changes are when actually shooting the pistol.

Thanks for posting.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I handled an upgraded 320 at a local shop today. As advertised, and as generally reported. The trigger didnt appear as delicate as some have reported, and wasnt as thin as the pictures seem. It was wider, but looked stamped.

Trigger felt fine. No reset until the slide was almost all the way aft, though.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Looks like there could be a lot of over-travel, or does the trigger stop after break? Can't tell.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can appreciate very little over-travel with either my modified P320 or my as yet unmodified P320.

When my first P320 (a full-size .45 ACP) came back from SIG I compared it to my unmodified compact 9 mm P320 side-by-side in dry fire about a hundred times or so.

The new trigger shoe seems to be a bit narrower side-to-side than the adverse triggers that came on both my pistols. It also has less wobble. I did not appreciate a difference in the length of trigger pre-travel between the two guns, although some have said that the take-up was reduced by the upgrade. But the take-up on my modified P320 was smoother. The trigger pull weight was a bit lighter for the modified pistol and the reset seemed to be a bit more positive and audible. I did not feel that the quality of the break, apart from the pull weight, was changed much.

I have only shot 30 round through the modified P320 as yet and it was outdoors and a bit cold. But I did experience some trigger finger sting with the new, light mass, skeletonized trigger. I had never had this issue with the "adverse" triggers that came on my P320s, although quite a few reported it with the original, "pre-adverse" trigger that came on the P320 when it was first introduced.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Trigger sting?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite a few people experienced pain in the trigger finger when shooting the P320 with the original trigger. Take a look at the Hickok45 review of the original P320 posted on youtube on June 5, 2014 and you will see that he is wearing a band aid on his trigger finger because of this, and he mentions it in the video (at the 10 minute mark).

The reasons for this were debated, but some felt that the original P320 trigger which was hollowed out on the back face all the way to the tip, resulted in a lot of trigger vibration when fired which caused a sting, sort of what occurs sometimes in your palms when you hit a hardball with a bat.

SIG developed a second-generation trigger which came to be known as the "adverse" trigger, which was solid at the tip on the back side. It also had a forward projection ("the mud flap") that served to protect the internals which were exposed at the front of the trigger well with the original trigger.

I never shot the P320 with the original trigger. I never had any issues with the adverse trigger that came on both of my P320s. The new trigger is hollowed out on the back side all the way to the tip similar to the original trigger.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post