SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any love for the Glock G-45 9 mm
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any love for the Glock G-45 9 mm Login/Join 
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
Yes, I have one and just love it. Best factory Glock trigger I have found yet.

Do you know if Glock did anything to make it better than the previous models?

I don't know if you can quantify them as better per se. The 5th Gen guns have some redesigned internals that in theory make them more reliable.

The trigger is different than earlier models. Average folks aren't going to notice the difference, but Glock shooters will be able to tell. It is more of a rolling break now rather than just hitting the wall.

I like it better than previous Gens, but it isn't anything that by itself will sway someone to buy the 5th Gen over previous models.

I will say the Marksman barrel I find is slightly more accurate than previous generations at least in my shooting of them.

I wouldn't tell anyone to dump their previous gens for the 5th. For a new purchase though, I would highly recommend them over previous Gens.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Agreed.

My G19s are all Gen4 and while I'd like a Gen5 G19, I don't really need one (especially with the grip cutout - granted the Gen5 MOS doesn't have it, but the MOS rear sight dovetail is too far back to use my preferred Ameriglo Agent Sights).

If a Gen5 G19 comes without the cutout, I'd likely pick one up eventually but I'm in no big rush as my Gen4s are vetted and set up just the way I like them.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Did a little shooting last evening...time to get out the soap box.

For me I'm thinking that the question of 'quality' to a Glock factory trigger is not much more than semantics. Yeah there's differing characteristics that have come with each generational change. But Glocks at their bones are very much the service guns that they were intended to be. And frankly they all pretty much shoot the same for me despite the nuanced revisions in their triggers, the lack or inclusion of finger grooves, the positivity of grip texture. To me most if not all of these things just play on the psyche but when I think past all of this the damn thing just does what it's supposed to do.

Do I prefer one generation's trigger over the rest? Why yes I do, and that would be the Gen3 "go-bang switch". But lo and behold I shoot Gen2 and Gen4s just as good. I don't have a Gen1 G17 so subsequently I've only shot that generation Glock on rare occasion and the last time was many years ago. Based upon frame size they all come up virtually/literally the same. My groups with a Gen2 look pretty much my groupings with a comparable Gen3 or Gen4 or Gen5. With me all the differentiation between generations just comes down to how it titillates my ego and strokes any longings and lust for justifying the buying of a new gun.

If I'm honest and objective with myself, a Gen5 really doesn't do anything that much better for me than an earlier Gen4 or Gen3 does. I've long told myself that "I hate" the finger grooves. Yet the time prior to last night, I shot a G45 and I also had my original run RTF2 Gen3 G17 and Gen4 G34 along for the ride, and at 7 and 10 yards the resultant aerated paper targets looked more or less the same. I told myself that I "love" the feel of the finger groove-free G45 coupled with its shorter LOP from the Gen4, yet I shot just as good with my RTF2 Gen3 and Gen4 long slide G34. Standing back and looking with a critical eye, the newbie Glock didn't make me shoot any better; it just made me delude myself into thinking that I should shoot better and throw chunks of lead into one teeny-tiny itty-bitty lil' hole.

Yet I didn't. A very serviceable largish fist-size hole (admittedly with a flier or three), yes. But I ALWAYS do that with any Glock (for that matter, with any striker save perhaps my very amazing TP9SF), whether it's with a Gen2 G19 or a Gen4 G27 or a Gen5 G45 (apparently, since I've only shot the G45 now for the fourth time). Not shockingly it didn't work miracles, the end result target still looks like any other Glock/striker-generated target for me. So where exactly is this wondrous Gen5 magic I keep hearing about? It didn't make me into a rock star. It didn't turn me into a pistol-packin' sniper-type uber badazz operator dude. It's just another Glock, whose 'performance' is still very much dependent upon the skills of the one holding it. Gee...the damned light bulb is on again.

All of my experiences with the Gen5 guns to date have done is sort of convince me that I wouldn't mind adding another Glock into the horde. Not exactly a resounding endorsement but that's where it is. And frankly if there's anything truly tangible that I'm getting out of all of this, it's that I'm slowly convincing myself that I may not even want a Gen5 Glock after all, because I certainly don't need them.

Earth-shattering they ain't, at least for me.

(Full disclosure: when I factor in my much-modified Glocks, they also shoot more or less the same for me as any non-altered factory Glock does. The triggers may break more cleanly and such, but it's still up to my skill set to 'get the task done' and quite truthfully I'm not that 'well-tuned' to be able to extract that kind of result out of such a gun, as if there's actually any such performance in these FrankenGlock creations to begin with.)

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The FedEx man just delivered my Talon grips that I ordered Thursday morning. They had a 2 day special for $4.00. Wonderful service.

On another note, does anyone find the trigger guard bump at the bend of the trigger guard. I was thinking of Dremeling off this bump. I know 30 years ago we were trained to wrap our weak hand index finger around this bump but with the thumbs forward this became unnecessary.opinions?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I 100% agree with Bubbatime. I have 2 19x's, and a G45 , and they are the best shooting full size 9mm Glocks i have ever owned and I have owned them all

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
After years of being a Gen 2 snob, I bought a G19X.
Thought I could deal with the baby poop color and the mag base limitations.
Then Glock released the G45.
I should have waited, I should have known it was coming.

I'm very happy with my G45.
Added Vickers slide stop, VIckers mag release, and OEM +2 mag bases.

I'm thinking about buying another one, but I really don't need it..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspect that the slide stop mechanism in the gen 5 guns adds some rigidity that might minimize the need for a third pin. The design of the slide stop is also not really conducive to another pin, either.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texaspoff:
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
I suspect it will be my next Glock...but I'd rather it be that form factor chambered in 40S&W or 357SIG.

I thought 2 pin models negated anything with recoil above 9mm.

Nope, they just haven't released them here stateside yet.
TXPO

Thank you!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t have one but have seen them out on the range at our outdoor gun club. They have the best ejection of brass of any model Glock I’ve seen.
A good 10 ft at 3 o’clock.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Ipicked one up a couple of months ago. So far so good. I actually traded my 19X once I got it.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Mine currently has a TLR-7 on it and rides in the quick safe for HD. I'd be carrying it instead of my Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS, but the 19 doesn't dig into my drivers seat of the Ram as bad on a long trip. This may change when I get my custom leather Grizzle with a better cant. It sucks, as it has the best trigger on a Glock I've ever had. This will be one of the weapons I never part with. I love it that much.

I installed AmeriGlo Spartan NS and shot the shit out of it. I have zero plans on anything else for it.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Love mine.
Two guns and 18 mags in one bag ready to go.

Both have gen4 Ameriglo Pro Ops night sights and TLR-7s.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I love my G45, I'm hoping they do the same with the 43X. I have a Vickers 19 but now it sits on the sidelines.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Love mine.

Nice guns, love the cute stickers on your TLR-7's. I did not care for them on mine and took them off, but hey they look good on yours. Wink

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Woo Hoo!!!

I just picked up a shiny new G45!!!

My local fun shop had their LE cabinet fully stocked. As I was purchasing mine, I noticed another customer was purchasing one as well.

I promptly took it to the range and ran a box of through it. At 7yds, I only dropped one out of the X ring. (Probably because I hadn't had lunch yet.)

I really like this one!

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
At first, I bought a G19X, the PoopGun. I didn't like the flared well or the color, especially the color. Then the G45 showed up, and I bought it, too. While its' primary virtue is being black, the small change in how it feels in my hand makes a lot of difference. Since I carried a 226 for years, I know how to minimize printing. I have retired my beloved 228, and the G45 which I shoot way above my usual skill level, is now my EDC,
The PoopGun has been assigned to secret household duties.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Love mine.

That black one is just perfect. Love how that TLR-7 fits.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
G45 is great, I have Ameriglo Agents (Gen 4) on mine, along with a XC1B.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My local fun store finally got a Glock 45 in. And I just happened to be there when it was being put in the display case. I handled it along with a glock 19 side by side. And my petite medium size hands prefer the feel of the 45. So. Could my fellow forum members recommend a dealer that sells Glocks and installs accessories? My local fun stores prices on handguns is outrageous. But the ammo is cheap.

Posts: 624 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post