SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any love for the Glock G-45 9 mm
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any love for the Glock G-45 9 mm Login/Join 
posted
I just got me second G-45. The first one is great with zero problems. The only mods I have done is deepened the junction of the front strap/trigger guard and added Talon grips. I have not seen any negative thoughts in the Forum. Anyone have negative or positive thoughts, ideas? What do think of this platform?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have one and just love it. Best factory Glock trigger I have found yet.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AZnine
posted Hide Post
Got one too!! Talon Grips, Trijicon HD's and Johnny Glocks Trigger. My favorite Glock.

Posts: 163 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: June 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Yep. Enjoying mine. Around 1300 rounds Since I got it a month ago. Normally I’d have a lot more but holidays and weather have cut into my shooting.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yup, I have one - great pistol. Only just getting started, about 500 rds into it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
Love mine! I bought it initially unsure how much I would like it. But I have grown to love it!

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
i've got one but haven't had time to shoot it. I like the size and ergos.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Bought mine in November, have to re-up my range membership so I can shoot it..

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
for carry IMO the best they have ever made. I've been shooting a 19x in matches but will switch as soon as my milled slide comes back to get better mag compatibility.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
i've got one but haven't had time to shoot it. I like the size and ergos.

Me too, hopefully this weekend.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
I just got me second G-45. The first one is great with zero problems. The only mods I have done is deepened the junction of the front strap/trigger guard and added Talon grips. I have not seen any negative thoughts in the Forum. Anyone have negative or positive thoughts, ideas? What do think of this platform?

I shot one last week and I loved it! I've owned Glocks since 1992 and the G45 is now on the short list.

I've been reading gun reviews for 30 years, and I think the G45 is easily the most positively reviewed Glock by the gun press in the history of the company. It seems that Glock learned quickly from the Gen 4 teething issues.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Nope. Bought one and traded it about a week later (after 3 range sessions). Just wasn't impressed with it.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have 19X and the G45. They are hands down the best Glock pistols ever made.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I want one. Wish they had an RMR version like the G19 Gen 5 MOS.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I suspect it will be my next Glock...but I'd rather it be that form factor chambered in 40S&W or 357SIG.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
Yes, I have one and just love it. Best factory Glock trigger I have found yet.

Do you know if Glock did anything to make it better than the previous models?

Q

Posts: 26374 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Supposedly Nebraska State Patrol is dumping their G21’s and getting G45’s real soon.

Posts: 4054 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
I suspect it will be my next Glock...but I'd rather it be that form factor chambered in 40S&W or 357SIG.

I thought 2 pin models negated anything with recoil above 9mm.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

I thought 2 pin models negated anything with recoil above 9mm.

Nope, they just haven't released them here stateside yet.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
I have two G45's and two 19X. IMO they are the best all around Glocks out there.

They are my go to guns now. I used them on and off duty, and for just about everything else.

If I need a deep concealment pistol, I grab my 43.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post