SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92 frankengun pair....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92 frankengun pair.... Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
After a year of sourcing parts, I finally took time to put these together this afternoon, including a full action tune to include stoned rails and polished feed strips. I used Beretta's new G-kits and Langdon Tactical's "trigger job in a bag" kits with PX4 hammers and 11lb main springs. The slides are stainless Vertec, meaning they're wider than normal and have front sight dovetails.

The grips are old Hogue/Beretta special editions modified to fit the oversized mag releases. I also used flat hammer spring caps. Trigger pull is just shy of 4lbs for DA and below 2lbs for SA. The LTT kits have polished Wilson Combat trigger bars which change the pivot points while retaining hammer travel. Should be fine for US-source brass ammo but LTT sells different weight main springs to tune as needed.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
1 word.

SWEET!!!!!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, PGT!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful pair you've got there! Double Trouble. Are you going to put them in a double rig? A nice New York reload style perhaps? In any case, those are super nice Berettas.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous build on those two PGT. Very well done!!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I've been on the fence for a while about getting a 92. I have fallen over now, thank you Wink

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Elite PGT... Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Those belong in a John Woo movie.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
You are the Beretta master PGT!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Super cool. 4lbs DA is almost beyond belief. Have you shot them yet? I had a failure to fire with my 92 Brig with a 13 Lb main spring. Had none before I tried a lower spring. Is there a trick to getting reliable ignition with an 11 Lb spring?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3182 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
Those belong in a John Woo movie.

I had to look up John Woo... I was thinking along the same lines but, Baz Luhrmann’s 1996 “Romeo & Juliet” comes to mind. Very slick adaptation of Shakespeare’s best with Berettas being a prominent feature.

Very cool pistols, sir!

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Why stone the rails? My last Beretta (years ago) had very slick action due to what I thought was the Bruniton finish.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
visible tooling marks on these slides. One of the reasons I went with SS....nothing feels better than a factory Elite II which had a factory fluff and buff job on the slide rails

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Beautiful build on those Berettas.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man those pistols are sharp!!!! Very nice work.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Your Berettas are always beautiful and these are no exception. Nice pair of shooters!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
gah... between these 2 and your other franken gun i am jealous cubed.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are really neat!

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Very nice!!!

Posts: 531 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice work or sure. Just a point of order but Vertec slides are taller, not wider. Brigadier slides are wider but the Vertec’s are the same width as the 92/M9 series.

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post