SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226rx slide or new 226rx
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226rx slide or new 226rx Login/Join 
posted
Hi all I have a question regarding the 226 rx my local place has one I was interested in but I was wondering if I should try to get just the slide with the red dot and put it on my west German 226 or if it's better getting it all new. Not sure if it's better matched from the factory vs just the slide. Thanks in advance

Posts: 120 | Location: New York | Registered: April 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You don’t have to buy another complete 226. Notwithstanding current availability, an RX slide assembly would suffice. Sig was selling the RX slide assembly (not the RX caliber xchange kit) for the 226 for $350-400 late this summer. That stock has mostly sold and its not currently listed at Sig’s site. Perhaps the ongoing transition to the RPro has caused this current lull.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So being that no one has the slides anywhere has anyone used the mount that goes into the rear sight and if so does it hold up well. Just trying to see if I can get this set up without buying a new gun although that's not the worst thing LOL thanks

Posts: 120 | Location: New York | Registered: April 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the rear sight mounts end up putting the optic too high and they don't allow you to have backup irons. For fun its probably ok, to be serious its not. I personally wouldn't buy the sig rx slide since that gives you the sig optic, which I think is poor quality. But you can get L&M precision to make the sig mount take an RMR for cheap so that is a way forward on that. You can also just find a 226 slide and have it milled for whatever optic you want. Those are certainly available.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is what I did- got just the slide, and added the original barrel and RSA. Works great, and I love it. And it is a lot cheaper than buying a new gun- not that I need an excuse to buy another Sig!

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 367 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post