SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Added another P220 38 super to the collection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Added another P220 38 super to the collection Login/Join 
posted
I picked up another 38 super. Came with grey box, test target and two magazines. Previous owner installed trijicon night sites but also in the box was the original von stavenhagen sites that I will put on once the night sites go dim. Rails look like new. It's not as nice as my other but for $850 I couldn't pass on it.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nice acquisition. Congratulations.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good score!

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Looks like it is from the mid '90s. Definitely a keeper.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

I am a big, big fan of the P-220/.38 Super. I shoot it better than those in .45 acp.

You got a bargain, IMO.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Super nice addition to a collection.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1529 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d really like to come across an example like that!
Great gun in a great caliber! Well done!

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Nice pistol!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Congrats, OP. Sounds like a good pistol found a good home.
quote:
Originally posted by Bill-in-Texas:
I’d really like to come across an example like that!

They do pop up in the Austin area every once in a blue moon.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
38 Super is an excellent cartridge.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on finding a Super deal . . . pun intended

I think that any of us would have grabbed hat one if we saw it

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Very nice pickup, looks to be in excellent shape. And, yep, that's a terrific deal, especially with the original box and target. Well done!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great score! Wish I could have been there to add it to my collection of P220 .38 supers!

Posts: 463 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
That is one Sig that I've never had the pleasure to fire, and I do love the Super 38 chambering.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome! I’d love to find one in .38 Super someday.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of throwingdown
posted Hide Post
I went into my LGS and to my surprise they had one NIB with all the goodies. I had no idea those were ever manufactured.

Apparently someone had bought it back in the day, never shot it and sold it to them.

If someone is interested in buying it send me a email and I'll give you the info. I have no association with seller. Funny this post came up. Figured I'd give someone a heads up if they want one.

Bladesvt@comcast.net

If this is not appropriate reply mods feel free to delete.

Posts: 423 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
There may be one on a very popular auction site with what I consider to be a reasonable Buy It Now price.

If I did not have one, I would give it serious consideration.

Again if this is inappropriate, please delete.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by randyman:
Great score! Wish I could have been there to add it to my collection of P220 .38 supers!
You can post up some pictures... Cool

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
Nice score. One of the few 220s I was never in the right place at the right time to acquire, along with the .30 Luger. Admittedly, I never tried that hard.

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post