SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New to me P220
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me P220 Login/Join 
posted
For the first time this year I went into one of my favorite gun places. They cator to LEO. They had a shipment of trade in's from the Hernando County Sheriffs office. I spied a like new P220. No holster wear or barrel ring marks. Has a rail and an E2 grip. I went ahead and purchased it. Took it home and took it apart. Hardly any rub marks on the frame slide rails. Clean as a whistle. It appears to have a black recoil spring. I also purchased because it was available a 50 round box of Sig 230 grain HP's to go with. I noticed when I got home it is Plus P ammo. I am under the impression It should run fine in this pistol. But, I am not in the habit of shooting Plus P 45's. I am thinking about purchasing a Wolf 20 lb green colored spring. Opinons ?

John

Posts: 113 | Registered: April 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Why replace anything? It's like new, from your description. How about shooting it, first? And, a box of +P ammo is not going to make your SIG fall apart.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
What Q said. When we carried our issued P220s (with carbon steel slides) our issued ammo was 230 gr +P. We never had any issues.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BennerP220,

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your new P-220. Clean it, lube it shoot it. Repeat as often as possible.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. You confirmed what I suspected.
Tuesday is seniors day at the range. And I am off.
I will take it carry it to the range for it's first outing. John!

Posts: 113 | Registered: April 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The only thing I have found with +P over the years is it can cycle the slide too fast and cause a malfunction. I have never seen this in a full sized gun only in smaller compact/subcompact guns and then only rarely. (I’ve never seen this in a P220/P220c/P245) So I would test the ammo for function but beyond that no worries. You would need ALOT of factory +P ammo to kill your P220.

Enjoy it in good health.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post