SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sights for P229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sights for P229 Login/Join 
posted
Hey guys, I have an old P228 and I like those old sights ....the dot front sight and the square rear sight. I spoke with Sig a few months ago and they told me that they no longer were installing those. I found Heine Sights but they are not compatible with my P229 - E29. Other than Big Dot, has anyone seen any sights that approximate the old P228 sights?

Posts: 31 | Registered: February 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
You talking about bar-dot Von Stavenhagen sights?

Just match up the numbers on your existing sights, depending on caliber:
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/M...229-35188.htm?page=2

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes the bar-dot von stavenhagen sights. Do you know of any company that makes them?

posted Hide Post
OK Thanks, great website!

Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
Those are still my favorite as well, Tapuach.

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been searching the web but I can't find anything similar. I would be OK with Heine straight 8's if they made them for the e2 P229.

Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I also prefer the old sight setup. I ended up leaving the original rear and replacing the fronts with mepro night sights.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post