SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Laser Ammo SureStrike, LaserLyte Trainer Cartridges, Others?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laser Ammo SureStrike, LaserLyte Trainer Cartridges, Others? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
After a disappointing day at the range with my LCP and my PPS M2, a couple weeks ago: Before the last trip I made sure to get lots of dry-fire practice in. Predictably: Much improvement.

The LCP has a laser, so, using the sights and watching what the laser does when I pull the trigger gives me feedback on how well I'm doing.

This has got me to thinking about laser training products, again. There appears to be two relatively economical options: Laser Ammo SureStrike and LaserLyte training cartridges.

Anybody here have any experience with either?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have the laser ammo LE kit and use it with some freeware software that shows hits and times ahots etc.

I like it. It's made well and works well.

Now keep in mind that you have to use it to learn to get a grip and get on that front sight. Using it to pay attention to the laser is a bit counter productive.

It works way better in a double action of course and that is why I got it to work on my from the draw double action.

Is it hugely better then dryfire??? Probably not. But combined with a camera and software it's a lot of fun and does allow some fairly good training.

I like that it has extension pipes and a red training tip you can install.

All in all I am happy with it but I think you can get about 80% there with dry fire.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
One nice thing is it doesn't engage the extractor so if you do use it with a striker you won't eject the "round" if you get too aggressive on the slide resetting the striker.

Feel free to email me if you want pictures or have questions.

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I want one that will let me play Duck Hunt with my SIGs.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Technically the laser ammo, shoot off software a projector and a camera can do that. Smile

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments, cslinger. I guess that, in using "laser ammo" like this, you're in a very small minority.

You wrote "Is it hugely better then dryfire??? Probably not." I suspect it may be, though. The problem with dry-firing is that, other than keeping an eagle eye on your sight picture, you have no idea where the round may have hit when you pulled the trigger. Even more so if you're practising coming up fast from low ready or holstered. It would be particularly handy for instinctive shooting practice, I would think.

It does look like, from everything I've read, the Laser Ammo SureStrike would be a better way to go than the LaserLyte cartridges.

I think I'll eventually purchase one of them. Probably a SureStrike kit.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
Anyone familiar with I Target Pro? I've been considering it until I read about SureStrike.
https://www.itargetpro.com

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sourkraut:
Anyone familiar with I Target Pro? I've been considering it until I read about SureStrike.
https://www.itargetpro.com

That I Target Pro system looks quite affordable. I wonder if it's any good?

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I will give it a try. I download the app. Will try to give it a go today.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Did anyone buy one of these things?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post