SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which Glock should I buy?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Glock should I buy? Login/Join 
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted
I have a GSSF coupon which allows me to purchase a Glock through their Blue Label program. I'm trying to decide which one I should buy. I already have a G45, so the options I'm considering are:

Glock 48
Glock 43x
Glock 26

I've pretty much decided to stick with 9mm. My first choice is the 48, but I don't really know why I would want one since I carry a P365. I might go with the 43x or 26, but again, not sure why I would want one. I could go with a 19, but I already have a G45 which I love. So I keep coming back to the 48. What do you all think?

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Yes. Any of them would be fine. You will get more after this one so it doesn’t really matter which is next. Smile

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, when it comes to suggesting what guns people should buy that I don't know, I always go with "find the hole and fill it".
For example, now that I'm in Montana and I have a tendency to wander off into the wilderness, I've realized my hole is a bear gun...ymmv

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The G26, and get a couple of 33 rounders to go with it, just because.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107574 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

This. I love my G26.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
G26 is still perfect for me.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
As a guy who has carried one for many years, I believe the Glock 26 to be the most versatile handgun in their line-up.

With factory 12 rounders, who needs a 19?
With flat base plates, who needs a 43?

It's not the smallest 9mm I can carry, but it is the smallest 9mm that I carry, that I can also shoot really really well with.

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
since you have the 365 the 43x is a waste of time, for me the 26 has too short of grip, so it leaves the 10 rd 48 if you have only those choices to pick from. if it were me another 365 Smile with 12 rd mags. if they would have got the mags right on the 48 and made it a 13 or 14 it would be a no brainer.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Gen 2 17, or 19.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
Just get a G17, add fiber optic stights, and make it your beater.

I take it hunting. Ride it hard and put it up wet.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
19 or 26.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Hard to go wrong with a Glock 26.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I voted with my wallet. I just bought a Gen4 19. I love it.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I get back to the US, I want to see the new G43X. I'm curious. The pistol I carry more than anything else is the G43, and when carrying something else, I usually have the G43.

A G19 is an outstanding, concealable firearm, and if you're not sure about going too small or too large, it's a near universal fit, issued to military troops and pilots, police, everyone. It fits almost all hand sizes.

The G26 is ultra reliable, concealable, light. The grip is ridiculously short, fixed somewhat with the right baseplate. It makes a good ankle pistol, and I've carried one from time to time in a pocket holster. I've never seen much use for one inside the waistband, as If I'm going to carry that much thickness, I might as well get more barrel and grip, too, and more capacity, so for that application a G19 size makes more sense to me, or bigger. I usually carry a G32 inside the waistband.

Go shoot the pistols you're interested in; rent them at a range and see what you like. In the end, if you're buying a Glock, they're all about the same.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
As a guy who has carried one for many years, I believe the Glock 26 to be the most versatile handgun in their line-up.
With factory 12 rounders, who needs a 19?
With flat base plates, who needs a 43?
It's not the smallest 9mm I can carry, but it is the smallest 9mm that I carry, that I can also shoot really really well with.

^^RTWY^^
The 26 with a pearce mag extension has been my IWB carry gun for a long time. It *never* fails to please.

The only Glock I shoot better than that one is my 34 and it has some added parts and springs that make it VERY easy for me to shoot but I don't carry it unless I'm in the desert or woods, i.e., open carry.
The 19 I don't shoot as well as the 17/34 or 26. Don't know why but I'm not going to fight it.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd pass on 43x, and flip a coin between 48 and 26 unless you want a gun that can take those G45 mags that you already have.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 26 will take the 45 mags. If I was sticking with a 365 for my carry I think I'd go 26 of the options you presented.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
G26. With the new magpul 12rd mags, grip is about perfect.

Posts: 13811 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the gen 5 guns as the trigger seems smoother. It is hard to decide which to get.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Dis mah problem solver here.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post