SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Best selling handguns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best selling handguns Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
Searched. Didn't see this posted. Thought members would find it interesing

Some interesting takeaways. Cheap counts and small counts, but only to some extent, because the G19 is still number 1.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/ridnDMMkXiA

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Data from 300 stores don't tell you a whole lot. As much as I like the G19, it is not the number one selling handgun.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny, I have zero desire to own any of these pistols. I guess I am out of style.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
What? No HiPonts?

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’m not watching the whole thing so, was there a single hammer fired pistol out of his video?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I’m not watching the whole thing so, was there a single hammer fired pistol out of his video?

All plastic, possibly one or two with hammers, but not familiar with the models.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a hammer gun fan, but it seems I'm in the minority with most of the market.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
No. But there was a Taurus.

quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
What? No HiPonts?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

All plastic, possibly one or two with hammers, but not familiar with the models.

I hear ya, both. The fact that striker fired guns have a much simpler manual of arms likely has a lot to do with it.

I still like my hammer fired guns.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
In our shop this summer it was a bit different.

1) Sig P365

2) Ruger EC9

3) Walther PPS 9mm

4) Sig P320

5) Glock 43

The Glock 19 was moved on a blow out sale so it probably would make the top ten based on sales numbers. We dont stock any Taurus products so I have no idea how they sell.

The s&w EZ we sold two of. One had the manual safety and was recalled. We have one left in stock and wont be ordering any more. The Ruger LCPII has sat for over 8 months. Its the last one we have. Again, we wont be getting any more of those either.

The shield is not a good seller for us either. We moved out the last two 1.0s for cost + $25. In the last 6 months we sold one 2.0 9mm with the integral laser. We have two more 2.0 9mms and one 2.0 45. They are also on the dont order any more of those list.

We are getting our first G45s this week. We have already had several calls for this gun. The 6 G19Xs we had sold fast. I expect the G45 to be in the top 5 guns sold later this month. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Data from 300 stores don't tell you a whole lot. As much as I like the G19, it is not the number one selling handgun.

As it was pointed out in the video, Glock (and their distributors) have A LOT of variants of the G19 these days. We were not asked to participate in this survey but our sales of the G19 this summer pretty much echo those results as described in the video. We carried as many as a dozen different G19 variants at a time (no Tiffany Blue ones, however). Most did exceedingly well. Ironically in this year of the reflex red dot, the MOS G19 sales was kind of on the flat side for us.

Our #2 would have been the Taurus G2C I'm fairly sure. Ridiculously low pricing from Taurus; it was easy to pass along the savings to consumers. And frankly it's not a bad shooter and it handles quite well. Memories of the wretched PT111 Millennium Pro are officially erased from my mind. No it's not as small as a 365 with a 12-round mag, but it's close to a G26 with a 12-rounder and costs a fraction of the price of either of those. Hell you could buy three of the G2Cs for what the 365 was going for at some dealers. The LCP II was a great seller for us as well; I had to restock several times over the summer. Ideal summer carry gun, and our sales seems to confirm that line of thinking with customers.

The EZ was an okay seller, but no Top 10 gun for us. The 320 series was fairly flat sellers for us this summer, except for the X-Frame guns that did well but was limited by availability and slow delivery from SIG. Same issues with the 365; every one we could get sold within minutes but we just couldn't get very many. Frustrating. The SD9VE was under heavy promotion from S&W and we got killer deals, especially if we bought a certain amount. Which we did. Like the Taurus it sold like gangbusters. The EC9S was difficult for us to get; we missed the initial calls from distributors on this one and we had to wait to hope to pick from non-allocated shipments from Ruger to distributors, which didn't happen much if at all. Annoying when that sleeping at the wheel thingy happens.

The G43 did well for us, mostly because we couldn't get the 365 in any sort of adequate and sustainable quantity. For a lot of our customers it was the Glock and not the 2.0 Shield that was the fallback. I had to reorder G43s of multiple flavors several times this spring and summer, which I didn't do last year when the 365 was only in development back at SIG and not breaking the market (and itself) like it has this year. As for 2.0 Shield sales...pretty lame this past summer, comparatively speaking.

The one omission from their list that would've easily made our Top 10 is the M&P 2.0 9 Compact. S&W also had the 4" version (non TS <edit> ) on promo and we passed along our savings to our customers. Add the rebate and it was one killer deal. We also did very well with the VP9s and VP9SKs; I ordered heavy on those and our sales numbers didn't disappoint. No special pricing, but the guns did quite well anyways.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: soggy_spinout,

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't comment from the gun sales end but I can tell you what's come across my desk for destruction in the last sixty days or so.

Mostly Taurus polymer pistols, Ruger LCPs, bunches of XD/XDM and Smith Mp and shields. Most Glocks are 40 or 45. And for some reason...DB 556 pistols.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Across your desk for destruction??? Crime guns???

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. No parts or guns allowed for sale or auction either after used in a crime in my jurisdiction. I see some very nice guns headed for destruction.

Coke bottle Smith grips, a nice P38 with Nazi markings and a Spanish destroyer pistol are some of the latest Ive handled Mad headed for destruction. Mad Mad Confused

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I’m curious what you think outsells the G19?

It’s been years since I worked the retail counter at my local store, but I’m still in there every week, and the G19 is by far and away the best seller

The only thing that comes close is the “pocket guns” but since there are so many flavors of those the numbers are spread across many models

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
300+ stores is a pretty good sampling.
Including the G19x of recently and I think there is little doubt.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
I'll keep my 1911's and revolvers thanks.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have like 5 G19’s myself so I concur. I can’t see any other gun displacing it as number 1 in today’s market.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
How long ago did you buy those?

quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:
I'll keep my 1911's and revolvers thanks.

posted Hide Post
our highest selling is probably shield then Glock 19s.. it’s hard to say if 365s would out sell them because we just can’t get the same number of them... if we could get an infinite amount of 365s like we can with Glock 19s and shields I’m sure the 365 would outsell them at least for a little while.

Posts: 1300 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post