SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Takedown safety lever P320 9mm
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Takedown safety lever P320 9mm Login/Join 
Picture of 99623
posted
I'm building a Sig, and the 9mm takedown safety lever is impossible to locate.

I see the takedown safety lever for the 45 is available, is there a easy modification that can be made to have it work with the 9mm?

Thanks

I'm a FFL dealer, gunsmith

Thanks to Grayguns for my Sig P320 parts. Smile Smile
Thanks to the forum members for their imput. Smile Smile

Posts: 61 | Registered: July 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 99623:
I'm building a Sig, and the 9mm takedown safety lever is impossible to locate.

I see the takedown safety lever for the 45 is available, is there a easy modification that can be made to have it work with the 9mm?

Thanks

I'm a FFL dealer, gunsmith

That's the $64,000 question.
I've been on waiting lists for over 2 months.
Don't know if the 45ACP version can be modded.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
No safety levers available anywhere?

posted Hide Post
There is a company on Amazon that makes and sells an aftermarket lever. It's kind od big and bulky, but cheap and serve in a pinch.

Posts: 43 | Location: Hilton Head Island, SC | Registered: August 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Okay, how do you build a Sig?

this safety lever is out of my scope.... none of my sigs have one.... maybe that's your problem... you are looking for something that doesn't exist.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
The takedown safety lever is in the Sig Sauer diagram. I'm building this custom Sig Sauer P320 and I know it exists.

Take down lever

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigborgel:
There is a company on Amazon that makes and sells an aftermarket lever. It's kind od big and bulky, but cheap and serve in a pinch.

That's called the Gas Pedal (modified takedown lever), it's an external part and it's not what we're talking about here.

We're talking about an INTERNAL part called the Takedown SAFETY Lever.

For builders, like myself, there is a system-wide shortage of this part.

quote:
The takedown safety lever is in the Sig Sauer diagram. I'm building this custom Sig Sauer P320 and I know it exists.

Take down lever

I have irons in many fires, brother.
There are none available yet.
One "Tea Leaf" said that by the end of the month they will start to trickle out.

If I find some I will post back to this thread.
And please do the same.

DD out

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DirectDrive,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Okay, how do you build a Sig?

this safety lever is out of my scope.... none of my sigs have one.... maybe that's your problem... you are looking for something that doesn't exist.

And you sir, are not helping.

Big Grin

Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigborgel:

That's called the Gas Pedal (modified takedown lever), it's an external part and it's not what we're talking about here.

Weare talking about an INTERNAL part called the Takedown SAFETY Lever.

For builders, like myself, there is a system-wide shortage of this part.

quote:

Take down lever

I have irons in many fires, brother.
There are none available yet.
One "Tea Leaf" said that by the end of the month the will start to trickle out.

If I find some I will post back to this thread.
And please do the same.

DD out

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. Smile

Picture of 45caldan
posted Hide Post
I have also been searching in vane for one!
Its the only part I haven't located anywhere to finish my FCU.

I read somewhere that the gun will function just fine without it. You just need to pull the trigger to field strip it ala Glock...

Posts: 465 | Location: central FL | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hi! Please contact me at bruce@grayguns.com. I'll send you what you require as a favour to a fellow Forum member. Thank you for supporting Sigforum.com!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45caldan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Hi! Please contact me at bruce@grayguns.com. I'll send you what you require as a favour to a fellow Forum member. Thank you for supporting Sigforum.com!

-Bruce

sent you an email
thanks

Posts: 465 | Location: central FL | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
quote:

-Bruce

I sent you a email, and I need a PayPal request for the item. Please let me know so I can pay you. Thanks

Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
quote:

-Bruce

Roll Eyes I'm still waiting on you to send me a PayPal request so I can get this part!
Please let me know what the status is, so I can move forward and start ordering other parts.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

-Bruce

Roll Eyes I'm still waiting on you to send me a PayPal request so I can get this part!
Please let me know what the status is, so I can move forward and start ordering other parts.

Check your junk mail box.
Sometimes GGI emails get caught in my junk mail box.

Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

-Bruce

I'll send them another email, I check everything regarding emails. Thanks

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45caldan:
quote:

-Bruce

sent you an email
thanks

Howdy. I'll respond in the AM.

-B

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

-Bruce

I took the weekend off to go fishing with my wife Rodent, and do some yard work.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-Bruce

I took the weekend off to go fishing with my wife Rodent, and do some yard work.

-Bruce

So I will be expecting a email from you soon?????

Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:

So I will be expecting a email from you soon?????

With respect, it was 7:35 a.m. PT at the time of your last post. Bruce made the offer on Friday morning. As a new member, maybe you should give the team at Grayguns just a bit of time to get back to you?

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4989 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post