SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Newest Member of my CZ Family
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newest Member of my CZ Family Login/Join 
Picture of Tooky13
posted
I’ve been well pleased with the CZ Shadow 2 Custom I recently purchased, so when I came across a CZ Compact Shadow Line I was intrigued. I really like the compacts, as I’ve got a PCR and a P-01 and I think they fit your hand better than anything out there. So I went ahead and picked it up to join the others. I’ve shot it a couple of times and found it to be a very nice shooter. I shot the target below after I’d been shooting the Shadow 2 Custom, which was a mistake, as it doesn’t have the reworked CZ Custom trigger. I do really like the Shadow sights and I may swing by CZ Custom and have them do their magic on the trigger to match its big brother. Cool

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the first I've seen of that pistol. I like it.

Is the frame steel? Is the rear sight fiber optic also?

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
a PCR and a P-01 and I think they fit your hand better than anything out there.

Couldn't agree more.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackimoe:
That's the first I've seen of that pistol. I like it.
Is the frame steel? Is the rear sight fiber optic also?

No, the frame is alloy and it has the competition fixed rear sight.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the finish on the frame? Assuming it's the CZ coat.

It looks deep, dark, nice and shiny.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:

As far as I know, it's their standard Black Poly Coat finish. They did a good job, as I don't see any small imperfections that often show up on some of their pistols.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

Abraham Lincoln

Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's one purdy gun... I love CZs... Enjoy!

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me, CZ builds some of the best looking firearms.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:

As far as I know, it's their standard Black Poly Coat finish. They did a good job, as I don't see any small imperfections that are not uncommon with some of their pistols.

I've got one of those P01's with the finish imperfection on the frame. It's very minor and there is no way I'd ever send it back to have it "fixed". There was a post on one of the CZ forums involving a full-sized gun that has the same blem as mine. I can see how some would be bothered but mine are carry guns and were not bought brand new.

If I was really bothered....CCR would come to the rescue. Razz

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I had no idea they were making these in compacts. That is a wicked cool gun. I really like CZs.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
As an aside I am also always taken aback at how light and svelte the compact alloy CZs feel. Where a SIG P228 feels chunky and substantial a P01 feels so svelte. The P228 is of course world class so this certainly isn’t me casting stones at the P228 just noting how good those compact CZs feel.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Nice, I may have to add one to my CZ family. I can tell it fits good by the pictures.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Tooky, very nice find on that CZ. I like it a lot, here's two that I currently have. SP01 Custom Shadow and Compact with alloy frame and safety.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2757 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would assume that the 75 Compact is very similar in size to a 229/M11? (Grip area)

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a handsome pistol, congratulations. I’ve been wanting to add a CZ compact to the collection. Don’t want to hijack the tread but would love to know how it compares size wise to a 228. Enjoy than CZ !!

Posts: 21 | Registered: November 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by titus66:
I would assume that the 75 Compact is very similar in size to a 229/M11? (Grip area)

Length wise I believe so, but much slimmer IMO.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2757 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I didn’t even know such a gun existed. I think I need that in my life.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never heard of the Compact Shadow Line before, but now it's on my list.

And to echo the others, holding a 75 Compact to me is like wearing a well fit glove.

Posts: 27 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: October 20, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am almost there. Always been a Sig guys when it comes to metal guns - but CZ really has my attention !

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruquikr:
Never heard of the Compact Shadow Line before, but now it's on my list.

And to echo the others, holding a 75 Compact to me is like wearing a well fit glove.

If you want one you better find it now and buy it! Don't haggle on price. The word is that they imported 50 of them in 2015, and some more, not many were recently imported as well. I'd have one but I recently bought a 2nd Wilson EDC X9, CZ Shadow 2 Custom, and a Sig P210A. I need to fill the well up again. Wink

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post