SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why is the P365 so accurate?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why is the P365 so accurate? Login/Join 
posted
Most discussions of the 365 comment on how surprisingly accurate it is. Many comment it is as accurate as their full size pistols, and some as accurate as their metal more traditional guns.
For me, I usually shoot a bit better with my P7, CZ PCR, or Kahr K9, but not always. And as much as I like my go-to G43, usually the G43 won't group as well for me as the 365.
What do you think explains that accuracy? Is it the trigger, the sights, the ergonomics, the grip texture, something else?
Or do you think that it really isn't that special, and we like it just because it's "not bad" considering how small it is?

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Mechanical accuracy is about 10 percent slide to frame fit and 90 percent barrel construction/lock up.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'd speculate it might have also to do with grip and finger on the trigger placement. I shot handguns for years before I had a clue about this. In fact it was last year shooting a Sig 320 compact with the Romeo red dot sights that I finally could see that no matter how steady I thought I was holding the pistol, if my finger was not squarely on the trigger I was moving the sights just a tad to the left.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure whether this applies to the 365s accuracy, but someone who knows told us this when we inquired as to why we shot our compact plainclothes/off duty 45s more accurately than our full size duty guns.

He said the short, thicker barrels had better harmonics, less vibration than the longer barrels of the full size - 4.25 / 5 inch guns.

And he suggested that the shorter sight radius of the compact guns forced us to focus more on our front sights. It was a senior range officer told us that after a qualification. Made sense. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Totally non-scientific observation: The 365 feels more balanced to me than any other pistol that I have fired. It just seems easier to put the sights on target and hold them there. Also, the trigger is just right for me.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I'd speculate it might have also to do with grip and finger on the trigger placement. I shot handguns for years before I had a clue about this. In fact it was last year shooting a Sig 320 compact with the Romeo red dot sights that I finally could see that no matter how steady I thought I was holding the pistol, if my finger was not squarely on the trigger I was moving the sights just a tad to the left.

I agree with you 100%. I can’t shoot a Glock as well as I can a full-sized Sig or even a S&W Shield. That’s why I no longer own a Glock.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3956 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I bet the mechanical accuracy difference between the two is negligible.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hand fit and a little, light trigger movement.
Leaves less finger movement to effect accuracy.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post