SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pricing P232 Stainless
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pricing P232 Stainless Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted
Hi all

Im looking for a stainless P232 in decent shape and wondering about pricing.

Theres one or two vendors on Gun Broker that have several all priced in the $700 range. Since they are discontinued its kind of a sellers market (got a non-stainless P232 for half that three years ago before the disco) but whats a fair price on these, other than market force driven prices?

Thanks

JB

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
There are many variables, of course, like condition, box, number of magazines, extras, German-made or US made. I sold my US all-stainless last year for $650 shipped. Today, $700 may be about right.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I bought one last year for $600 with 3 mags (that was from a friend's estate who had passed away.)

I agree with Gary, and would say depending on condition, having the box, ect you should be able to get one for $600 - $700.

I couldn't get used to the European mag release and the snappy recoil and sold mine to my brother for what I paid for it and we were both happy.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
I found a 2013 one last year and paid right at $600 out the door. It may hace had 200 rounds put through it. It came with the case two mags and all the paperwork. I have seen a few near central Florida several months ago. Shooters in Jacksonville had a 230SL from a collector that looked brand new. I purchased a 228, 229, and a 225 from the same collection. All of these had all the boxes paperwork and test targets.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
I went back and bought the 230SL

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 230SL - with "only" two mags. The one thing to keep in mind is the supply of mags has dried up - big time. About the only way I can think of getting one is to have someone (on Active Duty) in Germany go to one of the Rod & Gun Clubs and see if they can find a couple. Or, possibly, and a long-shot, try to order some from one of the big sporting goods places there - Frankonia Jagd being the only one I can remember now...

Edited to add: Mec-Gar has no plans to produce any P230/P232 mags per Greg Cote - at least as of a couple of months ago.

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
I have 12 mags between my 4 guns. The two 230's will not be shot much and they will have their stainless mags with metal bases. That leaves me with 7 stainless and 3 blued mags for 2 guns. I am always on the lookout for more though.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Paid $500 for this one about six weeks ago:

Only one SS mag, no box. Second mag set me back some. I did find blued mags more easily, and far cheaper. Now have four total.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post