SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Black Hill Honey badger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Hill Honey badger Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 808:
quote:
Originally posted by MMA10mm:
These ARE Lehigh Defense projectiles. Lehigh has a small manufacturing facility a few blocks away from Black Hills to make the (non-catalog weight) FTM-EXD (fluid transfer monolithic-Extreme Defender) bullets for BHs. I’m a tiny bit jealous that the 100gr 9mm bullets are not commercially available, and currently load the 90gr version myself. They are the first true 100% Barrier Blind pistol bullet, and they do generate a fluid cutting mechanism at the very high velocities achievable. (I get my 90gr to 1450-1500 fps out of 4.3” bbl.)

Are you sure thought Lehigh Defense Was in Quakertown Pennsylvania.

https://www.google.com/maps/pl...-75.3499349?hl=en-us

https://www.lehighdefense.com/

808, Lehigh is still in Quaker PA, but they have a very small operation (just 1-3 machines, and a boxing area with a forklift in a Morton Metalcraft building) in Rapid City, just for BHs projos.

---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Wasnt there another spiral type bullet kind of like this? Ruger ARX? I’m seeing its discontinued now. Its not As inherently gimmicky as those ripd or bola rounds, and is interesting. But it’s going to take a lot more time and companies use of the bullet type for it to climb its way out of being lumped in with those other gimmicks.

They are being loaded by a lot of “boutique ammo” companies, but BH is bigger than that and Lehigh’s commitment to putting in a production facility for BH is impressive. We’ll see how sales are, to see whether it lasts, but make no mistake, it will be cost/sales which determines that, not performance. These bullets perform brilliantly. 100% barrier blind; astounding temporary cavity; fluid “cutting” mechanism which creates good blood loss. Their use in handgun hunting is generating impressive performance. All that is left to “prove” it’s performance is actual shootings. Lehigh does not talk about it/publicize it, but they are keeping records of on the street use of these bullets. There is a growing record. The FTM bullets are going to be “THE” bullet of the next generation.

---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a case of the 125gr. Tempted to replace my carry ammo with this stuff. Currently
Using golden saber 124gr black belt. I think the honeybadger bullet is superior, but do I want to shoot all the with prices/availability the way they’re to “prove” it in my carry. Dang.

Posts: 295 | Location: Rocky Mountains | Registered: January 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Absolutely any issue with the name could be used. I used to carry a Gabe Suarez trigger on my carry gun - but replaced it with a stock trigger when I found out it was called a “Face Shooter Trigger” - apparently a technique taught by Suarez. It was a perfectly good trigger design but since it’s a gun I carried I made the decision to dump it.

If you’re in a defensive shooting you need to be mindful that everything about you, your life, your world views, and your gun will be gone over with a microscope. Morally if you use your firearm in self defense you need to be doing everything you can to avoid that shooting. Anything that points to bravado or a cavalier attitude will not go over well with a jury. As proponents of the second amendment we must be the example. In the end, will it actually relevant, who knows? I would just avoid the issue so it's one less thing to give the DA to question.

On a more practical note, I'm wondering what the technical data is on the ballistics. What is the penetration / behavior in tissue like? What that shows will help shape the ammunition they put out, and maybe with a more practical name...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bcjwriter,

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s a shame because now I want a box of DIEMFR +P rounds. Lol

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Recently bought bullets from Lehigh Defense. Picked up some for the .327 fed and 45/70.

Feel like the .327 is the perfect case for the high velocity performance aspect. As for the 45/70... well it’s never smaller than .45 and reaching the same 1600 FPS of the .327 fed won’t be much of a trick.

Just watching the water moving through a boat prop explains the science enough for me to give it a try.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post