SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P224 gen 2?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P224 gen 2? Login/Join 
posted
I came across a p224 gen 2 in 40 s&w. I like the specs on the little bugger, but it seems reliability was a bit hit or miss with the early guns. Did Sig seem to get things sorted with the second generation?

Posts: 8 | Registered: January 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2 224s. Most with issues were in the 40 and dated 2013. Most were resolved with replacing the extractor (that fixed mine in the 40). Had no issues with mine in 9mm.

My EDC rotation includes the 2 224s and a 229C.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that's good to hear.

posted Hide Post
I have a P224 that was purchased in late 2012 or early 2013. I cant remember exactly when I got it, but it was the first one I saw, and I bought it for way too much... like full Sig MSRP.

Anyway, it was a .40S&W DAK model, which I converted to DA/SA. I have shot several thousands of rounds through it with zero issues. I replaced the recoil spring recently, which seemed to reduce recoil from where it was.

Love the .40 and love the P224.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was always intrigued with these guns. I couldn't find one near me in 9mm and was a little reluctant due to it's size for ccw with the regular grips.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cous2492:
I have a P224 that was purchased in late 2012 or early 2013.

Anyway, it was a .40S&W DAK model, which I converted to DA/SA. I have shot several thousands of rounds through it with zero issues. I replaced the recoil spring recently, which seemed to reduce recoil from where it was.

Love the .40 and love the P224.

I saw a 2013 DAK model for sale, but without a chance to shoot it I'm not sure if I'd warm up to the DAK. I do like the .40, fairly versatile round between premium hollow points for town and heavy hard cast for the stead. Anyhow, glad to hear a few positive remarks.

posted Hide Post
I did not like the DAK at the time. I picked up a P239 DAK and started warming up to it. Today, I picked up a P229 .40 DAK police trade for $329. Shot it very well.

I have seen many real world results of .40 cartridges in shootings. It works extremely well. Not saying other dont, just a proven round that is getting dumped on lately.... I dont mind because trade ins are dirt cheap.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our last issued duty pistol (I'm retired now) was the Glock 23, primarily because its predecessor the USP45 was just too big for our smallest officers. You are right about LEO trade in .40s atm, it is a buyers market for a variety of quality firearms.