SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP101 22lr 6 shot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP101 22lr 6 shot Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
I think this is the first version of the SP101 22
6 shot, 4” full lug

At one point, if we would have had another son he would have been named Smith, middle name Wesson
BUT, this little gun is about the sweetest I’ve handled for a while
Should be he perfect intro handgun for new shooters too

$318 out the door might be the best gun deal I’ve had in a while too

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2917 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
Very Nice!

Posts: 2068 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Nice! 22 revolvers are cool because they work on a wider verity of ammo. At $318 I would say you did real well. Yes it a older one you can tell by the sights. On Ruger site you can find the year it was made by serial numbers.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You made a hell of a buy there, Amigo. Cool

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Nice find! I’m always on the lookout for a nice used .22 revolver, just never run into them. That’s one I’d reward myself with maybe after I kick the crap out of this cancer.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
First ones were half lug 4 inch. Have had two 2 inch versions. Hard to find. Have a new 8 shot now. You stole that 101.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a good looking gun at a great price!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by black1970:
First ones were half lug 4 inch. Have had two 2 inch versions. Hard to find. Have a new 8 shot now. You stole that 101.

The website still shows the half lug... is that an error?

Would like to have the full lug version!

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by black1970:

The website still shows the half lug... is that an error?

Would like to have the full lug version!

I had a S+W 617 full lug. It was the boringest pistol I ever owned and I sold it. I swear that some airsoft guns had more recoil. It looked great but was front heavy. I replaced it with a model 17 with no underlug and it balanced better and was more fun to shoot. The 617 was a beautiful gun with the wood target grips, trigger, hammer and sites. YMMV.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I finally got me one of those a few years ago. The new half lug version just never grabbed me so I held out until I found an older one for a good price.

Before Ruger re-released the SP101 in .22lr the older ones were going for a pretty hefty fee. I was glad they started making new ones so the prices fell a bit.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
At one point, if we would have had another son he would have been named Smith, middle name Wesson

So the family dog would be named Ruger, right? Wink

Excellent find.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
They are twice that in the stores by me. I want one but I won't pay that

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post