SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 'Upgrade Enhancement' Before & After Pics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 'Upgrade Enhancement' Before & After Pics Login/Join 
Picture of Tooky13
posted
There was a thread a while back that asked if anyone had photos, before and after, of the P320 upgrade modification to the slide. I just received the last of the three I had modified.

Here’s the photos:

BEFORE, Left to Right: Sub-compact, Compact & X5

AFTER,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty much like mine. All but one of mine have gone back for upgrade now, and returned. I have read every comment and criticism thus far, and nearly every critic has griped about how it felt dry firing, difficulty with takedown, assembly, etc. the counsel in every case has been to go shoot it.

I have experienced the same things in handling, dry firing, takedown, etc. Meaningless, inconsequential.

I have shot every one of them. No less functional. No trigger problems. 100% reliable. I have had others shoot them, with full functionality, and good responses in every case. I own enough of them now, and have had enough of them done, and have put enough ammunition through them, that I am satisfied.

There are no issues with the work done, the quality of the comoleted product, the fit, finish, function, or accuracy or reliability. All good. At this stage I'd be very hard pressed to believe anyone who'd suggest that I just got lucky, or just didnt have the right lightning cut, or whatever. Mine are all ages, types, etc. Full size. Compact. Subcompact. No lightning cuts, some, all. Every one works just fine.

I suspect that I will buy more.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent my X-Five back to get fixed in this last recall.

Sent it in with an OEM large tan grip module and the updated/revised FCU worked in it when it came back.

However, the Fire Control Unit does not go into battery when installed in the original X-Five lower grip module (OEM Black, Medium, with the magazine well and the undercut below the trigger guard). The trigger just flops around without engaging the sear because racking the slide doesn't cock the gun.

Same slide, same FCU, only change was the grip module.

I'm not sure if the revisions to an X-Five FCU are different enough to require the grip module to be modified as well in order to function, but it appears that revised X-Five FCU's don't appear to be mix and match with all P320 accessories anymore.

Posts: 50 | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post