SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Found a P226 conversion kit in my things - keep?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a P226 conversion kit in my things - keep? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had one for a while and enjoyed it, but moved it on to fund my Volquartsen Scorpion and never looked back. If you see high demand, I might suggest jumping on it and finding a purpose-made .22.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^

Volquartsen makes some neat stuff!

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't see it on the Sig Sauer site. Is it out of production now?

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I had a Sig conversion kit for the P220 I had a long time ago. It never worked very well. It wasn't very accurate and required so much oil to function reliably that it flung the stuff everywhere. I got rid of it and never regretted doing so.

That said, give yours a try. If it works for you then keep it.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem I have with conversion kits is that they cost almost as much as a dedicated .22 like a Browning buckmark. The other problem is they make the gun you put them on, dirtier than hell.....I don't mind my buckmark getting and being dirtier than hell from .22 ammo, but I certainly don't want to detail clean that gunk out of a centerfire gun.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one for my 220. It's really nice, but I find it can be picky when it comes to ammo. It's not a fan of ordinary lighter loads.

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
226 Conversion units have regularly been selling for $550. - $600. on eBay, I was lucky to fine one for half that much. I've only had it to the range once so far and it worked well.

Posts: 31 | Location: Fishers, IN | Registered: February 02, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
The problem I have with conversion kits is that they cost almost as much as a dedicated .22 like a Browning buckmark. The other problem is they make the gun you put them on, dirtier than hell.....I don't mind my buckmark getting and being dirtier than hell from .22 ammo, but I certainly don't want to detail clean that gunk out of a centerfire gun.

My only complaint about it is cleaning it. Love mine.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of oldseabag860
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philasteen:
I found a P226 conversion kit in my things. Apparently I had ordered this at some point from Sig and stashed it away. The kit is cherry new, the shipping carton is still sealed.

I wanted to gather some thoughts on whether these .22 kits are worth playing with. I have a P226ST to use it on, and tons of .22, but will it be worth shooting vs. 9mm? I'd appreciate any practical experience on whether it's fun, reliable, practical etc enough to keep vs. selling and funding another gun.

Thanks!

I have one on my 226 a little fussy about ammo,
prefers cci minis federal match grade works ok
have to keep it clean use oil no grease.
i have many rounds of .22's
happy with it
btw ive seen them new on ebay for up to 700 dollars

"NO TWENTY TWO FOR YOU"

Posts: 269 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: January 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Spray cleaner, blast, drop some oil, done.

quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, postscript to the story. I listed on ebay and the final price in the auction was $685. With ebay fees etc I netted just over $600, enough to buy a new Glock.

Posts: 9 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: April 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Can't be mad at that!

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post