SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Found a P226 conversion kit in my things - keep?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a P226 conversion kit in my things - keep? Login/Join 
posted
I found a P226 conversion kit in my things. Apparently I had ordered this at some point from Sig and stashed it away. The kit is cherry new, the shipping carton is still sealed.

I wanted to gather some thoughts on whether these .22 kits are worth playing with. I have a P226ST to use it on, and tons of .22, but will it be worth shooting vs. 9mm? I'd appreciate any practical experience on whether it's fun, reliable, practical etc enough to keep vs. selling and funding another gun.

Thanks!

Posts: 9 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: April 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Given the cost and availability of 9mm right now, I wouldn't sell that kit for less than 3k round of 9mm. I have the P226 22lr kit and it's only downside is I don't think it can be milled for, or function with a RDS. Other than that mine runs on subsconic ammo and is accutate out to 25 yards.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Why don’t you try it out? Confused

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
If it works well, I would keep it.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I have a threaded kit for my P220, the thing is a blast

I would be keeping it, but I am a 22 kind of guy

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use mine with my SSS, but it can be finicky with ammo. Mine likes Remington Golden Bullets and Federal Auto Match. Bulk Federal only works if the gun is hot

Posts: 186 | Registered: April 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Keep it and find out what it likes. I’m another one of the lucky ones; mine seems not to dislike anything it’s been fed so far.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I have an abundance of CCI 22lr and my P220 and P226s work just fine with them.

If you are in an area where 9mm is hard to find, having multiple caliber adaptability is a plus.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I had one for my P228.

Mine was not at all reliable.

It made more "clicks" than "bangs."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 cases of 9mm? Shit, they didn’t cost that much at pre pandemic prices let alone current prices. I agree it’s a keeper but it ain’t worth 3 cases of ammo. Unless you can find the right sucker. My vote is go shoot it and give us a range report.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
If I found that in my stuff right now I'd feel like I hit a gold mine! I don't even own a p226, but if I stumbled across a free conversion kit I'd go buy one just so I could use it! The only reason I could think of getting rid of something like that, especially right now, is if it didn't work. And even then, I'd put a bunch of effort into getting it to work before I'd consider getting rid of it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 92fstech,

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'm planning on taking my P226 and conversion kit to an OpSpec class next week, along with a bunch of compact, lightweight ammo (but will also take the 9 mm).

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I like mine and it is fun to shoot but it is not as accurate or reliable as my Browning Buckmark though it has been very reliable with the right ammo like CCI MM while most bulk ammo has around a 95 percent reliability rate. Being in the sealed box you could get quite the pretty penny for it on Ebay as they are in high demand and have not been made in a few years it appears.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIG-S...b:g:u4wAAOSwqvFgPWQm

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. For the price of that kit I can buy whole a new gun. I had no idea the kits were fetching that kind of money. I think it will be heading to ebay.

Posts: 9 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: April 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
To philasteen: do you have other 22 pistols?

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Sportsman's Warehouse has police trade-in kits for $169.99.

Link

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Ruger MK II and a Browning Buckmark, both in .22 LR.

posted Hide Post
I have a P226-22lr conversion kit and love it. Mine has functioned almost perfectly with both my 226s.

Sig P226R 9mm/40/357/22
Sig P226 357/40/9/22
Sig P6
Sig P228
Sig P229R DAK 357/40/9
SigPro 2340 40/357/9
SigPro 2022 40/357/9
Sig P938 9mm/22lr
Sig P227
Sig M18
Sig P365

Posts: 790 | Location: Los Angeles, CA & SLC, UT | Registered: April 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Took the 226 with conversion kit to the range today for the first time. It shot great; no recoil of course.
I had my wife try to rack the slide as she has major problems with any of the Sigs. Much easier.
She may use this in our upcoming OpSpec class.

BTW conversion is as simple as removing one slide and putting on another.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Do you have other .22s? If yes, you may prefer to sell it, as I think these can bring a good price.

But a "good price" is not that much money, so if it amuses you to keep it, keep it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post