SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MPX bolt issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX bolt issue Login/Join 
posted
I had an issue with the MPX not going into battery, the bolt would stay about 1/4" open when charging or when using the bolt release. I cleaned and lubed the gun and fixed the issue, however now the bolt is getting "stuck" on something as it passes the back edge of the magazine if a loaded mag is in. Of no magazine is in, the bolt moves smoothly.

Hoping someone may have experienced this before and may know what I should try next to resolve the malfunction.

Thanks for the input!

Posts: 5 | Registered: March 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you shot it?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Is your cam pin installed correctly?

If you put it in backwards (with the arrow going the wrong way) it can get the entire BCG stuck inside the receiver.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Remove the black rubber stud within the extractor spring to help with that going into battery issue. Worked for me.

Mine's going back to SIG for FTE issues so fingers crossed for ya.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It functioned flawlessly once in battery with the first issue. Since the issue of the bolt locking up and requiring a lot of effort to move it past the magazine came up, I have not shot it. Hoping to next week but also hoping to get it fixed by then of possible. Thanks for the tips so far, I'll give those a go and see what results I get.

Posts: 5 | Registered: March 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post