SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SigLite vs XRay1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SigLite vs XRay1 Login/Join 
posted
I'm wanting a P380. My choice was the Nightmare which has XRay sights vs the BMR which has SigLite.

What's the difference? My current carry is the P365 w/Xray sights and I like them a lot.

Not sure I fully understand the "upgrade" to the Nightmare except it has the XRay and G-10 grips vs Hogue and some nickel plated parts.

Help with any clarification.... Thanks

Posts: 16 | Registered: April 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The main advantage of the Xrays is that you supposedly can pick up the front sight better in daylight. Made no differences to me, however.

For night time, the SIGLITE works better for me.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Siglites have tritium vials with painted white rings around them.

Xrays have tritium vials with a luminous green ring around the front and no ring around the rears.

The difference is that Xrays make it quicker and easier to pick up the front sight, since there's a prominent green ring (in both light and in darkness) that draws the eye.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer the X-ray sights to the standard Sig night sights. In fact, I wish I could afford to change them out on my P938.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.. made my choice easier. Nightmare is what I'm getting.

Posts: 16 | Registered: April 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post