SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got a VP9sk I really like it!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a VP9sk I really like it! Login/Join 
Picture of Nframe
posted
free picture upload

Ive put at least 300 rounds through it in the past 30 days. 115 gr up to 147 and fmj and HP's the sights seem set for 115 gr ammo, though not enough difference to the 124 to affect much the 147 does hit a bit higher but not much. The best part is using all my VP9 mags interchangeably.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
Is the VP9SK about the same size as a P2000SK or P30SK? Am I safe to assume that like the other SK's it's still bigger than a Glock 26?

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
It's the size of the P30sk probably a touch bigger than the 26.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very nice, congrats!!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Well done sir

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
I bought one also. I will be carrying that baby from now on. Is a tad smaller than my G23. The P2000sk is a smaller pistol than the VP9sk

"What I would die for?
My faith, my family, my friends, my freedom and my flag" Tony Zinni

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stormin:
Is the VP9SK about the same size as a P2000SK or P30SK? Am I safe to assume that like the other SK's it's still bigger than a Glock 26?

Click on the picture to enlarge it.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I am Jack's burning jealousy.

Nice pieces, fellas. My regular guy has some inbound, but with two recent additions, I'm probably looking at this fall.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Originally posted by stormin:

Click on the picture to enlarge it.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Thank you sir.

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Man, your pics make the SK look bigger than it seems. It certainly feels and carries more like a G26 than a G19, to me.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Man, your pics make the SK look bigger than it seems. It certainly feels and carries more like a G26 than a G19, to me.

It is smaller than the 19, but not by much. The P2000sk is more in the ballpark of the G26. The P2000sk, is the smallest compact, HK offers. But the VP9sk, shoots like a full size gun. I love it.

"What I would die for?
My faith, my family, my friends, my freedom and my flag" Tony Zinni

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30PlusRetlaw:
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

It is smaller than the 19, but not by much. The P2000sk is more in the ballpark of the G26. The P2000sk, is the smallest compact, HK offers. But the VP9sk, shoots like a full size gun. I love it.

I have both as well, I never put them side by side to see how close they were. I just recall the 19 being bigger than that.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I had every intent of getting out and putting a few hundred rounds down range today with the sk. Ended up having some buddies from out of town come in that don't get to shoot very often and they brought their own toys so I let them make the noise.

I did carry my sk all day. I love how it carries like a compact yet handles and shoots like a full size.
I'm hoping HK comes out with the VP9sk in the grey!

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The size reminds me of a M&P 9c, that 'tweener' sized between the G26 and G19. Always like the size of the 9c even as I hated its trigger. Yes I can convince myself into buying the SK, dammit.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time I see a comparison photo between the G19 and another pistol I'm always amazed that even sub compact 9mms are barely smaller than the Glock. You would think that after all these years someone else would be able to figure out how to Glock size a pistol.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Every time I see a comparison photo between the G19 and another pistol I'm always amazed that even sub compact 9mms are barely smaller than the Glock. You would think that after all these years someone else would be able to figure out how to Glock size a pistol.

My thoughts exactly, lots of good choices out there = but the Glock 19 size is just ... Perfection Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
For plinking and general shooting around my property I've been using the P2000 mags. I've been able to load 14 rounds into them easily and the gun functions with them.
I'm over 650 with the gun now and still find its the one I grab over several others.

posted Hide Post
Nframe and 30Plus - Great pictures and informative posts - Thanks! I really like the looks of the VP9sk - but I've got a question (and, I'm sure I may take some heat for asking this!). I have handled a couple of VP9 (full-size) at Gander when they were still open. On both of them, the slides rattled a lot when shaken and with mag removed. Understand they need some play to be reliable - but it felt cheap - just like the same rattle in the old Ruger P95. Did H&K address this with the newer versions? Glock's used to rattle like this years ago - especially the first G21's. They have long since addressed this and none of my (OK - only a couple) recent Glocks rattle...

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post