SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Browning High Power Clone from Brownells....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Browning High Power Clone from Brownells.... Login/Join 
posted
I just saw this in an Email I got from Brownells:

https://www.brownells.com/fire...a2IxSEtmazcifQ%3D%3D

Looks like a pretty nice High Power clone from Turkey. In the Brownells video they said their threaded barrels and other High Power parts interchanged and the were available in Blued or Stainless $500-550.

As High Powers are getting a little scarcer one of these might be a decent shooter.

Thoughts or Comments?

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Dang. Those like nice.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was something negative posted here about them a while back. May have been issues with the extractor? Maybe it was a proprietary desigh?

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Handled one a couple weeks ago at a LGS. The fit and finish seem to be pretty good.

Posts: 1217 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Check out this link for an excellent review of the Tisas Regent BR9. I owned one and judged it to be a solid value Hi-Power clone.

https://bhspringsolutions.com/...gent-br9-hp-hi-power

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want one!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There's like, 60 years of imported BHPs on the secondary market. I'll take the genuine article, thank you.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with para that I'd rather have the real deal BHP. BUT, the stainless version intrigues me and I wonder why FN never made a stainless version of the BHP.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had always wished for a Belgian made stainless steel High Power too.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
Check out this link for an excellent review of the Tisas Regent BR9. I owned one and judged it to be a solid value Hi-Power clone.

https://bhspringsolutions.com/...gent-br9-hp-hi-power

That was as good of a review as I have ever seen. VERY detailed and authoritative along with suggestions for improvements. Thanks!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=970390

I didn't read through all of it but I think this was it.

Para or mods, I'm not sure if it's considered bad form to post a link to another forum. I'll certainly delete if need be.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Here's another review. The fact that gunsmiths who worked on the original BHP will work on the Turkish gun us a good sign.

https://www.americanrifleman.o...br9-hi-power-pistol/

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Made in Turkey. Pass....

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think again on that note, Turkey is and can produce some high quality firearms. I have a 20 gage CZ USA shotgun that was made in Turkey and can't quibble about anything about it, especially since I picked it up at Cabelas for only 500 bucks. I will also note that the wood is much much prettier than that on my Beretta Silver Pidgeon 12 gage.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
Hmmm. Made in Turkey. Pass....

This alone isn't a disqualifier. What Para said is more prudent.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm....$500-$550 for a pistol with a 12# trigger pull.

Not bad, not bad at all.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with Para on this one. I have two FN Hi-powers, both were bought surplus for less than that clone is new. True they are used, but neither is used up.

A quick scan through Gunbroker before this post shows good condition FN or Browning made Hi Powers can be had in the $550-$650 range on a buy it now pretty easily. Sure some are $1200 and up, but plenty are pretty close to the clonee's price. For that price delta, I can't see not getting the real one.

Additionally, while Turkey can and does make some fine firearms, sometimes politics has to intrude; and Turkey is a country I'd rather not give money to these days. YMMV of course.

A Hi-Power is a really nice 9mm, and I encourage fans of 9mm autopistols to have one in their collection. The design still holds up really well, and they tend to shoot very easily.

Posts: 158 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
One day I will get one... probably near the end... I've wanted one since about 1973 or so after reading the book 'Serpico'.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ha,ha, me too.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogmush:
I have to agree with Para on this one. I have two FN Hi-powers, both were bought surplus for less than that clone is new. True they are used, but neither is used up.

A quick scan through Gunbroker before this post shows good condition FN or Browning made Hi Powers can be had in the $550-$650 range on a buy it now pretty easily. Sure some are $1200 and up, but plenty are pretty close to the clonee's price. For that price delta, I can't see not getting the real one.

Additionally, while Turkey can and does make some fine firearms, sometimes politics has to intrude; and Turkey is a country I'd rather not give money to these days. YMMV of course.

A Hi-Power is a really nice 9mm, and I encourage fans of 9mm autopistols to have one in their collection. The design still holds up really well, and they tend to shoot very easily.

I am 6'3 and have large hands. I had a BHP Mark III forged frame 9mm which I sold after I bought a CZ 75B SA as I find it superior to the Hipower for me (better ergonomics, better trigger, better feel, etc.) and the hipower trigger reach is way too short for me, I find the grip to be boxy, and the triggers aren't great on them either. For a range toy I'd much rather have a 1911 government 9mm over a BHP I still have a FN labeled .40 Caliber BHP I bought new, it is my only .40 and I really like shooting that one and kept it when I sold the 9mm. For someone with smaller hands, I can see a worked over (mainly the trigger) BHP, a great gun. However, I always wanted one in stainless which they never produced.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post