SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Retrofitting a P250 into a P320
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retrofitting a P250 into a P320 Login/Join 
posted
Can my P250’s FCU be reconfigured into a P320 using a 80% parts kit? Any 80% web link recommendations?

Posts: 62 | Registered: May 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
The grip and frame are pretty much the same... sort of kind of... take that for what it's worth....

but for my opinion, also for what it's worth, you would be better off just buying a P320....

much better to own two fully functional pistols than one and a half....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I have a P250SC but I don't think a conversion to a P320SC is possible.

The frames are the same but you'd need a P320 slide to convert the gun from hammer to striker fired(the difference between P250/P320)

I'd also recommend just buy a P320, a CPO if you can find one.

I've looked before and most of the internal parts(non-slide) are the same but I think even one of the models of P320 had a different recoil spring than the same sized P250 IIRC

(maybe the P320SC, I can't remember at the moment)

I'm also unsure if the Fire Control Unit is exactly the same in the P250/P320 models, maybe someone can shed light on that.

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know, with all the talk about appendix carry with striker fired pistols, external manual safeties on P365's, and the preference for putting a thumb on the back of a hammer when re-holstering, it would seem that the P250 was ahead of its time.

DAO hammer fired, light trigger with same pull every shot, somewhat similar to an HK LEM in feel. All in a package the same size as the P320. Seems like it covers all the bases, except maybe for the long trigger reset.

Personally, the idea of a hammer fired semi-auto that doesn't cock the hammer as the slide cycles is a bit odd to me, and DA/SA is fine, so I never really considered the P250.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For my everyday carry, I only need Sig either a 320 or a 250. Yes, I am willing to buy a new custom upper and then rebuild the lower for striker fire.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick0525:
For my everyday carry, I only need Sig either a 320 or a 250. Yes, I am willing to buy a new custom upper and then rebuild the lower for striker fire.

Sell the P250 and get a P320.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick0525:
Can my P250’s FCU be reconfigured into a P320 using a 80% parts kit? Any 80% web link recommendations?

Do a Google search for "Sig P250 to converted to a P320" and you will find a description and photos from a guy who did it in California.

The guy concluded his story by writing "Of course, if I weren't in California I wouldn't go to all the trouble of modifying the P250. I would just buy a second P320."

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sell the P250 and get a P320.

Keep the P250 and get a P320...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A primary advantage of polymer is the low cost. Exploit that advantage by just buying a new 320.

I don’t mean to dismiss anyone’s concern regarding the frivolous loss of $500-600. But, given that I paid that much for a 226 in 1988, such amount today is a modest price to pay for an easier solution.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P250 has a better market in California.
The P250 needs at least two new drilled holes. One is for the sear block which is held in by a roll pin.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Not remotely worth the drama.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
Why bother?

Buy the P320, sell the P250.

quote:
Keep the P250 and get a P320...

Eh, buying a P250 was probably the worst gun mistake I have ever made. Was looking for a backup to my duty P320, couldn’t find one, bought the 250... trigger is the complete opposite.

To each their own, but...

...and selling my Model 25 no dash was the worst mistake. P250 is second to that.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Unless you live in California, it's not worth the time/effort/hassle.

And then, I'd only trust a competent gunsmith to do it.
Mess up and you've destroyed the "gun" - a far cry from jacking up a 80% Glock lower.

Link to the thread showing it can be done.
https://www.calguns.net/calgun...hread.php?p=22975366

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why the 250 hate? Just wondering. I much prefer it to the 320.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not hate but prefer a Single Action was trigger pull.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Patrick0525,

posted Hide Post
Interesting thread - especially the CalGuns link on converting an FCU. I foolishly sold my P250 SC in .380 late last year ... to a Gent who died of cancer shortly thereafter. I regret selling it, and even thought about contacting his son about it - but decided to leave them alone. I'm on the lookout for another P250, preferably in .380, but I'm most likely SOL ... Frown

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
buying a P250 was probably the worst gun mistake I have ever made.

TankSoldier; sorry for your disappointment, but two very different systems.
While very similar in ergonomics and design, the triggers are VERY different!
Just curious . . . Did you have an opportunity to try a P250 before you purchased it?

quote:
Why the 250 hate? Just wondering. I much prefer it to the 320.

Fredward; I'm with you! Much prefer hammers to strikers!
Love the smooth, consistent, predictable pull of the P250 trigger.
Also, the P250C was my first semi-auto and my first SIG.
It made the transition from revolver to semi-auto very easy.
Like a DAO revolver with 16 rounds!

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post