SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    This putting glass on pistols thing is getting out of control
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This putting glass on pistols thing is getting out of control Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
Smile

The article it came from, if anyone is interested.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...lr-accuracy-testing/

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
5.56/.308/5.45 eh?

Q

Posts: 26335 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Definitely needed to make the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs......

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
"I can shoot the flees off a dog's back at a hundred yards, Tannon!"

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Izzat the Hubble?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
♪ I throw some lead down the range sometimes saying. "Ay-Oh, I'm Galileo" ♪

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
If it is posted on "THETRUTHABOUTGUNS" how can it not be anything but gospel Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given i have put a 4x leupold on mine for a while. I can say that most of that group could be tightened down with practice and trigger control. One flyer surely, the other 9 should be one ragged hole at 25yds from a bag.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
know a guy that used to shoot 22 silhouette,
he used a contender with the match 22 barrel,
3x9x40 scope on top of it,
he used the old cheap Realist (may have that brand wrong) that had a window on the elevation turret for distances,
he found the right numbers for his ammo, and the distances, and was absolutely deadly with it at silhouette distances,

he used what he called a taco hold,
one hand on the pistol grip, the other thumb on the bottom of the barrel, and 4 fingers on the scope,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but where's the pistol?

Oh...never mind. Now I see it. Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's nothing wrong with putting optics on a pistol, especially if you want to evaluate that pistol's accuracy at longer than normal pistol shooting distances. A cross hairs reticle would normally be a better choice, but if the horseshoe can be consistently placed around the bullseye then the results can be good.

IMO this is classic website posting --
Look at us!!! We "tested" two types of 22lr ammo with 3 total groups of 5 shots!!!! Including 10 fouling shots, that's 25 whole rounds down range!!!!11

I'll bet they need a nap.

Their results tell us little other than they tried something different. Stay tuned, as they have invested in additional ammo that probably cost them a gargantuan $.10 to $.15 per round. More tweets to come....

Their 1" groups at 25 yards don't seem all that impressive to me. Could be the shooter. Could be the pistol's chamber and barrel aren't all that accurate. I don't know anything about a SW22 Victory -- whether or not upgrades will change its accuracy.

I do know that my S&W 41 with iron sights will pretty easily shoot 1" groups at 25 yards supported like that. Put a scope on it, and I suspect 1" at 50 is possible in dead calm conditions.

Finally, I don't know anything about the Hunter Match ammo. Have shot the Ultramatch a fair amount in a bolt action 22lr. Honestly, there's better ammo out there at both equal and lower prices per round.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That pistol needs a tripod. Wink

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the problem ?

Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'd not need them gadgets...I can see perfectly!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its only done right when the mount and optic cost more than the pistol!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16066 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool looking gun, but over kill .

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to try this Cool

Scouts Out

Posts: 1118 | Registered: May 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
because why not?

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Seriously? ADM? TRUE scoped pistol dudes use only LaRue. It's not righteous until a LT104 is on there, have mercy.

My tendinitis is flaring up just from looking at this setup.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of my old transformers!

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post