SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anybody running a Glock 48 slide on a Glock 43 frame as a EDC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody running a Glock 48 slide on a Glock 43 frame as a EDC Login/Join 
posted
Anybody running a Glock 48 slide on a Glock 43 frame as a edc gun? Hows it shoot? Does it carry better? Pics would be appreciated.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I've done that. I call it 43L. Comparing to a regular 43, it feels softer. Normally I prefer lighter and faster cycling slides, but with a 43 frame it seems like lesser purchase makes it a bit harder to control it. Longer slide feels better. 43L conceals great but as far as carrying, it is a service gun length slide and gun's weight is almost the same as 48. I've stopped using this configuration. Using 43 in its original form as a 21st century J frame, and trying to figure 43x vs 48 question.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'll have to take the 43L to the range to see how it does.

Put my 43 Talo slide on the 48 lower and it works perfectly, so I have a 43X with the black slide now.

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post