SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig P210 USA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig P210 USA Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the thread.
LGS called me Friday to let me know a couple had come in, went down and couldn't help but buy one.
I live in Maryland so it's in paperwork jail for a week.
The grips are huge like fnforme said, I'll be changing them out on mine too.
Can't wait to pick it up, especially after reading the range reports here.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fnforme:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Re: "Every piece of this gun is thicker than a Swiss P210. The barrel appears to have a heavier profile, the frame is like a Ruger revolver compared to a S&W in terms of thickness, and the slide is a bit beefier too."

Is your P210A heavier than your P210-6? If so, how much?

It's 3.2 ounces heavier.

Much like food portion sizes and cars, we like things bigger here. I really hope the P210A is every bit as accurate as their Swiss/German counterparts because I kind of regret not buying a Legend Target when I had the chance to. At the time, I only had enough money to buy a Legend Target or an X5 L1, but not both. This was when news of the export ban broke and I knew that would be my last chance at a NIB German gun with a normal price tag.

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fnforme:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Re: "Every piece of this gun is thicker than a Swiss P210. The barrel appears to have a heavier profile, the frame is like a Ruger revolver compared to a S&W in terms of thickness, and the slide is a bit beefier too."

Is your P210A heavier than your P210-6? If so, how much?

It's 3.2 ounces heavier.

Interesting! So the P210A is more like the P210 "heavy frame".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
So I see several people planning to replace the grips. Is there an older model with compatible grips or are you all waiting for a 3rd party to produce them?

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
So I see several people planning to replace the grips. Is there an older model with compatible grips or are you all waiting for a 3rd party to produce them?

Karl-Nill makes a pair for the P210 Supertarget (SS2258) that look like they might fit.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Thanks to you gentlemen for the reports. BTW, are the 210A magazine followers and base plates metal or plastic?

The different weights mentioned for the 210A and -6 motivated me to check the weights on my -6 vs. my German Legend versions, all with wood grips. My Legend Target, with magazine, weighs 3.5 ozs. more than my -6 with magazine. My fixed sight Legend weighs 3 ozs. more than my fixed sight -6, both with magazines. I found that the -6 magazine weighed 3 ozs, while the Legend mag, with the heavier floor plate, weighs 3.6 ozs. So the comparison weights between my Legend and Swiss guns are skewed by .6 oz. due to the different magazine weights.

All these positive reports on the P210A are causing me to consider oneWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:

I've read that the P210A Carry is supposed to come with G10 grips. Hopefully third parties will also make grips for these, but Sig should be good for an option.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post