SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig P210 USA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig P210 USA Login/Join 
posted
I have not been on this forum for a long time you guys may like to see this new gun. Down to my LGS today to pick up my new Sig P210 which just came in from The Attic N.D. by UPS Air. My LGS had one but the owner would not part with it so i had to go thru Gun Brokers to have it shipped to this LGS. Must be something good with this gun when the dealer would not sell his . Also ordered two mags from Top Gun Supply which had the best price on 8 round mags for the P210. Will see if i can get to the range this week to see how she shoots.
https://flic.kr/p/21sorMd

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Seems like everyone who has one raves about it.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Have we confirmed which mags work with the new model yet?

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:

From another site, it's confirmed that the American P210 mag does function in the German Legend. That's great news for Legend fans, not having to fork out a hundred bucks for a mag any longer.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:

From another site, it's confirmed that the American P210 mag does function in the German Legend. That's great news for Legend fans, not having to fork out a hundred bucks for a mag any longer.

Nice to know. I was bummed when I procrastinated and didn't pick up a few more Legend mags when Osage still had them for $60. At least I did get two of them, but no way will I pay $100 to SIG for any subsequent Legend mag.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update on this Sig P210. At the range (Reload) in Tarpon Springs Florida today. I put 125 rounds of Blazer Brass 124gr. FMJ ammo thru the gun with no hang ups The photo is of my first 16 rounds fired at seven yards. If my hands would stop shaking i could have done better Smile The best price for the new mags Top Gun Supply $39.00.
https://flic.kr/p/21z91kx

posted Hide Post
Has anyone ransom or bench rested this baby yet? I'd like to know what groups it's capable of at 25 and 50 yards. Off hand at 7 yards is too easy especially with the great trigger and improved ergonomics.

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AVG:
Update on this Sig P210. At the range (Reload) in Tarpon Springs Florida today. I put 125 rounds of Blazer Brass 124gr. FMJ ammo thru the gun with no hang ups The photo is of my first 16 rounds fired at seven yards. If my hands would stop shaking i could have done better Smile The best price for the new mags Top Gun Supply $39.00.
https://flic.kr/p/21z91kx

Nice!

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will the old conversion kits fit on these new P210s?

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
Will the old conversion kits fit on these new P210s?

Ask SIG CS.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
I picked mine up today and ran a couple hundred rounds through it. The P210 is one of my favorite pistols of all time and I'm lucky enough to own a Swiss P210-6. If the American produced Sig was even half as nice as the Swiss version I would've been happy. Despite shooting wonderfully, my biggest knock on the Swiss pistols was terrible ergonomics in the form of a poorly placed safety and an inconvenient magazine release that has way too much tension to it.

Exeter fixed both of those problems and in my very limited experience so far this gun is every bit as capable as my Swiss P210-6. I'm astonished that Sig was able to so significantly reengineer this pistol to cut productions costs, make the pistol more useable, and not sacrifice on quality or capability.

A few notable points:

Magazines- the magazines seem very well made and the mag well built into the grips makes mag insertions a breeze. Magazines slide in and out of this gun with such ease and with less resistance than any other gun I have ever handled.

Safety- it's well-placed and convenient to access, but it's super tight right now. I bet with use it will break in a bit more, but it takes significant effort to engage the safety. Luckily, it's far easier to disengage quickly. Thankfully I'm rarely in a rush to engage a safety. It's worth noting that the slide CAN be retracted with the safety on.

Frame/Slide fit- Friggin' amazing. When I first started messing with the gun the slide wouldn't return fully to battery if you didn't retract it most of the way and let it slam home. Even after a couple hundred rounds it's still like that. This slide feels like it's on ball bearings.

Sights- Much better than the originals in my opinion. Plain black sights are hard for me to use, so I appreciate the front fiber optic. More noteworthy perhaps is that the rear target sight appears to me like it may be able to be replaced with a standard fixed sight or some aftermarket options if third parties support the platform. My sights did come adjusted to lateral point of aim and impact, but I noticed that the sight is adjusted off center to the right a bit. That's great attention to detail if this was sighted in at the factory. It did seem to be shooting a little high but I'll try it some more before making any adjustments.

Trigger- OMG OMG OMG! As nice as my P210-6 or perhaps even better. My brother has a Danish M/49 and this blows his trigger out of the water. Also, the hammer has a certain positive effortless actuation to it that I appreciate.

Grips- very comfortable but I will be replacing them because they're the size of Texas. Also, my only, yet significant, problem with this pistol emanates from the grips. The left grip panel on my gun could certainly be fit better to the frame. Couple this with a small beavertail and it felt like an otherwise soft shooting all steel pistol was really thumping the joint of my right thumb where it meets the web of my hand.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with this pistol and it's a bargain at it's price point. Kudos to Sig for not giving us a $900 pseudo-P210. When the P210 carry comes out I will buy the first one I see. My P210-6 may find its way in the classifieds at some point. That's probably the best compliment I can give Sig.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A great report on your new P210. I took mine out for the second time this week down to Shooters World in Tampa Florida. I received my two mags from Top Gun Supply so i now have four mags. I fired four mags on a 5" bull target at seven yards testing two brands of ammo. Blazer Brass 9mm 124 gr. FMJ gave me off hand a under 2 1/2" group with 32 rounds fired. I did the same with Remington 9mm 115 gr. ammo on a second target which was not as good but still under 3"s. This is a very accurate gun. The grip is great for me with my big hands Smile. No hang ups with over 400 rounds thru the gun right now.

Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report, please keep them coming!

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report. Did your US P210 come with a test target? If so, shot at what distance?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cabelas has them listed in stock @ $1479. From what I have read they are currently made in the US and been continually in production abroad since 1949.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stroonz:
Cabelas has them listed in stock @ $1479. From what I have read they are currently made in the US and been continually in production abroad since 1949.

There are no more Swiss made P210s, only German made. The American version isn't really a P210 because the mechanics of the lockup are different, which is why it's called the P210A. However, the lower price tag more than makes up for the slightly lower accuracy potential. The differences between the German P210 and American P210A are close enough. Whereas the difference between the German X5 and the American P320 X5 are drastic (steel vs plastic).

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
@ SS

What are you talking? Cheaper because of lacking accuracy potential. Really? Until now I have not found a comprehensive test about this issue. Would you please point the P210 collector comunity on this forum to your source, because all that´s known about accuracy specs was either published by Hüsler or Heer while various souces publish group sizes up to 90mm (3 1/2“) which would still be in specs.

The lock up of the US made P210 is still using the Müller/SIG patented swing down mechanism [Vetter/Döbeli] as we know from the SIG and the SIGSauer made pistols. The only difference between the new and the old types is the positons of the slide acceleration areas (locking lugs). The old type is using barrle cams (Browning pat.), the new type type accerlates the slide via surface areas between battery and ejection port (Webley pat.)[G.Bruce]. Neither one of the two types has an influence on accuracy since these areas are only used to acclerate the slide [Dannecker], but the latter one is easier and faster to produce. This is one reason for a more attractive price. The other reason is the absence of the Petter patented, removable and very expensive to produce ignition assembly (hammer assembly). Neither does this unit have an influence on accuracy, but it saves a lot of manufacturing cost.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
I fired several hundred more rounds through my P210A last night and compared it to my Swiss P210-6.

To answer a previous question, no my P210A did not come with a test target. There's a youtube review and interview with a Sig rep who confirmed that the guns would ship with a test target and they are adhering to the same accuracy standards as the Swiss guns. Not sure if they decided not to ship with test targets at the last minute or what the deal is there.

After hundreds of rounds of dry fire practice at home I had a much better range session this time. I was able to keep 3 magazines within a 3" shoot n c target at 10 yards, which is well within the mechanical accuracy of the gun but stretches my capabilities.

Every piece of this gun is thicker than a Swiss P210. The barrel appears to have a heavier profile, the frame is like a Ruger revolver compared to a S&W in terms of thickness, and the slide is a bit beefier too.

One thing I did note that I do not like is that the safety cannot be disengaged while the trigger is being depressed. The opposite is true on 1911s and is a feature I enjoy because in a self-defense situation you can simultaneously hit the trigger and safety and not worry about which order in which you're applying pressure. I hope they change this for the P210A carry model when it's released, although for the target model it isn't quite so bothersome.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Re: "Every piece of this gun is thicker than a Swiss P210. The barrel appears to have a heavier profile, the frame is like a Ruger revolver compared to a S&W in terms of thickness, and the slide is a bit beefier too."

Is your P210A heavier than your P210-6? If so, how much?

Serious about crackers

Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Re: "Every piece of this gun is thicker than a Swiss P210. The barrel appears to have a heavier profile, the frame is like a Ruger revolver compared to a S&W in terms of thickness, and the slide is a bit beefier too."

Is your P210A heavier than your P210-6? If so, how much?

It's 3.2 ounces heavier.