SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SiG factory services
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SiG factory services Login/Join 
posted
Hello,

Are the factory services offered by the sig custom shop worth the $ ?

I am contemplating having an old German SiG P226 resprung to oem spec.

Thank you in advance!

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Do this package. Note that round-trip shipping is extra. I have not used them for a while, but it was $55 shipping.
quote:
The SIG Service Plan Includes:

• Full disassembly of pistols down to frame and slide

• Complete detailed cleaning

• Expert factory inspection of all critical components

• Replacement of springs (recoil, slide catch lever, trigger bar, decocking lever)

• Reassembly and lubrication to factory specifications

• Installation of SIGLITE Factory Night Sights (excluding P232)

• Function test

• This service, valued at $225, is yours for just $144.95 and brings your used SIG SAUER pistol back to peak operational readiness.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good deal Wonder why they don't change the hammer spring as well?

Posts: 1637 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Watergoat:

They will, if necessary. The firing pin spring, also.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Worth every dime. The new night sights make the deal. My last SSP took 7 days, including shipping.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Watergoat:

Though not stated explicitly, they replaced every single spring in my old WG P226 last summer. They also chose to replace the take-down lever. All replaced parts & springs were returned to me.

Personally, I initially chose the basic $85 service plan since I wanted to keep my original dot-bar contrast sights. CS rep then offered a discounted $50 SRT kit install (parts & labor) - ie they are willing to combine services for a discounted total, even though the particular combo may not be listed on the website.

As above, my turnaround time was less than 10 days. Hard to beat.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently had them perform the SSP on a WG 220 and a 239. The 239 came back with very bright NS. A very positive experience all the way around. The 239 was back in 10 days and the 220 was back in 3, yes 3 days!! Grant it I’m only 1 state away from the mothership, but if I read the notes from the gunsmith and shipping tracking notifications correctly. They put the springs in, test fired the old girl, and had it out the same day. It doesn’t get much better than that. YMMV, but I’m a happy camper!

D.

Posts: 30 | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen. Has anyone experienced having SiG needing to have a major component replaced while there for the services package ie hammer, locking block or barrel to name a few ?

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
No major parts replaced for me, but I've had several pistols get the service package, including a janky P229 I picked up for super cheap. They cleaned it all up, replaced every spring, new night sights and it was like a whole different pistol when it came back.

Well worth the money

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had some work done by SIG on their pistols such as changing the trigger, maintenance package, rebuilding a damage slide and I was very satisfied with the work. I think it is an advantage to SIG that they offer a number of services at their factory.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Can someone link to the service. I cant find it anywhere on Sig's site

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They should also replace the dual role pins for the breach block.

Posts: 266 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:

https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-works-services

Q

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:

https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-works-services

thanks.. I bookmarked it so I would have to struggle to find it again

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 1997 P239 I have sent in to Sig for the SSP. I will keep you all posted on the turn around time.
So far:
Went to FedEx hub on Friday, 1-8 for drop off and it was delivered to Sig today, 1-12. Delay in shipping was due to a weekend. Also: 40 minutes on hold before Sig Customer Service answered the phone.

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Some friends work over there and they would be the ones I'd want to work on my Sig firearms.

Very long time employees.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update 1-13: My credit card has been charged.

posted Hide Post
Final Update: P239 is back home. Total turnaround time is 7 days, almost to the minute. Cost was 172 bucks, with 27 of that being round trip shipping.
A plastic bag with the old parts was included with the gun.
All in all, excellent service!