SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question on Ruger LCR 327 Federal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on Ruger LCR 327 Federal Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Having a LCR in 357 magnum, it occurs to me that one in 327 magnum would be great for the Mrs. We had a S&W in 32 H&R magnum, and that trigger was just too heavy for her. The LCR in 22 rimfire trigger is even worse, so that won't work for her. Does anyone here have experience with the 327 Federal Magnum and this revolver? Is it worth searching for one?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Having a LCR in 357 magnum, it occurs to me that one in 327 magnum would be great for the Mrs. We had a S&W in 32 H&R magnum, and that trigger was just too heavy for her. The LCR in 22 rimfire trigger is even worse, so that won't work for her. Does anyone here have experience with the 327 Federal Magnum and this revolver? Is it worth searching for one?

There was a discussion about this one a couple months back, and IIRC it's got the same trigger pull as the .38/.357 and recoil is a bit more stout than .38 but less than .357

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
I think it would depend on the type of ammo she would be using in the LCR. My LCR is chambered in .38 SPL, and the +P loads are pretty stout while the standard pressure loads are not too bad. Now as far as the .327 Magnum goes, I have fired a lot of it in a GP100. As one would expect it soaks up a lot of recoil, even with the 100 grain JSP American Eagle loads. My thinking is that the .327 LCR, if used with 85 grain JHP loads, might work for her, or if that is too much, try the .32 H&R Magnum rounds. Those in conjunction with the nice LCR trigger could be a good combination.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own one and I think it is a fantastic gun. Trigger is great like the 38 but this baby holds 6 rounds of 32 long, 32 HR, EVEN 32 auto as well as the magnum rounds.

32 HR is an excellent round for a woman. Has recoil like a cap gun....I really love mine.
For magnum carry I use Federal low recoil.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
327 lcr is the edc of choice most days for me.
I carry with full power 327 loads.
If the trigger is a problem get it cleaned up.
Isn't your wife worth it?

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Haven't held the LCR in 327 yet, but the SP-101 is fantastic!

I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m happy to see the .327 cartridge gaining some traction. I bought my SP101 when they first came out 10 or so years back and it seemed like the cartridge was dead after a few years. Nice to see a small surge in popularity and hopefully ammo selection follows.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I keep finding myself wanting to buy another snubbie and like the idea of this one being 6-rounds and actually able to fire .32 ACP, .32 S&W Long, .32 H&R Magnum as well as .327 Magnum

My one concern is the weight compared to the .38 LCR which is around 16 oz loaded. It's my understanding this model is 3.5 oz heavier due to steel cylinder, not alloy, and that equates to around 20 oz loaded which seems like a bit much for pocket carry which is how this would be carried.

Anyone pocket carry one?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pocket carry mine most of the time.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:

What kind of holster do you use? Mika? Nemesis?

posted Hide Post
I carry mine in an Uncle Mike's #4 pocket holster. Mine even has a CT green laser grip which is slightly longer.."...no problem pocketing.

The frame is the same as that on the 357 but the difference is not bad at all and helps with recoil of full mag loads.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stroonz:
I carry mine in an Uncle Mike's #4 pocket holster. Mine even has a CT green laser grip which is slightly longer.."...no problem pocketing.

The frame is the same as that on the 357 (steel) but the difference is not bad at all and helps with recoil of full mag loads. All LCR cylinders are steel the lighter guns have alloy frames..

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:

What kind of holster do you use? Mika? Nemesis?

Sorry, I forgot about this thread for a while.

I use the Nemesis.