SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New (to me) Dan Wesson CCO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New (to me) Dan Wesson CCO Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted
Not long ago, a LNIB Dan Wesson CCO was offered for sale in our own Classifieds section. It was an outstanding deal and, in short order, the CCO was in my hands.

This is not my first 1911 but is indeed my first Dan Wesson. My expectations have been exceeded - what an excellent pistol this is!

I've put just over 800 rounds through it and now carry it regularly in a Milt Sparks VM-2 IWB holster (sometimes via "traditional" IWB, but more often "tucked.")

The pistol came with the original grips, magazines, etc. as new. I've installed VZ double-diamond G10 grips in black cherry and have been using Wilson Combat 47OXC 7-round magazines as shown.

I plan to submit a formal range / carry report on it soon; in the meantime, here's a pic of the gun and a few accessories...I know there's a strong DW (and 1911 in general) fanbase here at SF! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a DW CCO. I'm partial to Dan Wessons for 1911 production pistols, and I'm partial to the CCO format for 1911's for carry, too. The lightweight officer frame with commander length slide, plus the quality of the DW pistols makes a great combination.

Great pistol.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I agree. I've been interested in the CCO-style 1911s for a while and have been very pleased with the Dan Wesson take on the type.

And, yes...this gun makes me want more DWs! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Yup, me too. I tried to part with mine a short while ago, but change my mind. Bought a new holster for it instead. Big Grin

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ Love it and the new-holster solution!

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I've got a brace of 2009 vintage DW CCOs. Fantastic carry piece. I also have a DW Heritage and CBOB among other 1911s.

For leather IWB I use an Andrews McDaniel II with bodyguard, Jim Clay's C5 Leather Montana
(similar to Milt Sparks Versa-Max) (have a pair of these, one XL commander sized, one XLT full sized), and for OWB Rob Leahy's Simply Rugged 'Cuda (Roy Baker style pancake).

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a big fan of DW 1911s I have owned 4 total and still own a VBOB now. The CCO was my favorite to carry, but since I never carried it I traded it for a VBOB.

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I need to jump on some of the Dan Wesson love. I currently do not have a 4.25" 1911 in .45 so there's a gap to fill there. Big Grin

Where did you guys get yours from?

I don't see them too often here on the classifieds.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

...Where did you guys get yours from?

I don't see them too often here on the classifieds.

Patience, my good man. I have purchased 5 DW's (including my CCO) right here over the years.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Congrats. Here's a pic of mine.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Any shops you guys can recommend for new Dan Wessons?

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
Patience, my good man. I have purchased 5 DW's (including my CCO) right here over the years.

You selling any of yours? Big Grin

Just kidding.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Wow, those are all beauties!

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post