SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P2000sk LEM to Light LEM
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P2000sk LEM to Light LEM Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
My head is a little fuzzly with all the different HK variants and what’s possible to switch between. Can a P2000sk that came as a LEM gun be converted to *light* LEM?

Thanks all!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely! It's just changing out a couple springs you can get from HKParts.....

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Very good, thank you sir!

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you tell me what springs should be changed and what the new springs should be?

Posts: 290 | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brc43235:
Can you tell me what springs should be changed and what the new springs should be?

See here:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-...nt-lem-variants.html

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I had six HK P2000/P2000sk and P30sk pistols in oem "heavy" V2 LEM and "light" V1 LEM. I hated the light LEM especially in a carry pistol. There was no resistance in the trigger press. But we're all made different...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
The little tool that helps with the TRS is worth buying. Or if your near Atlanta I'll loan it to you. I have 4 Light LEMs that I converted.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
FWIW, I had six HK P2000/P2000sk and P30sk pistols in oem "heavy" V2 LEM and "light" V1 LEM. I hated the light LEM especially in a carry pistol. There was no resistance in the trigger press. But we're all made different...

I agree totally. V1 is great for my P30 range gun. Both of my p30sks are V2 and I wouldn’t go any lighter on an EDC. V2 is still nice and smooth while offering just a tad more piece of mind. OMMV...

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Good tips, thanks guys.

posted Hide Post
I would suggest contacting HK directly with the part numbers you need and see what their pricing is. HKparts seems like they are ridiculously overpriced. I needed to order the short slide release levers for 4 HK P30s and HKparts wanted around $30 for EACH lever (that's only for one side, and the P30 needs two). Ordering from HK directly, the parts were under $20 each. With shipping from HK the eight slide release levers were a little over $100. It would have been over $250 from HKparts. And HKParts didn't even have the correct levers in stock at the time. HK did.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FPNunes:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

I agree totally. V1 is great for my P30 range gun. Both of my p30sks are V2 and I wouldn’t go any lighter on an EDC. V2 is still nice and smooth while offering just a tad more piece of mind. OMMV...

I had a USP Compact 9 converted to light LEM, but I kept the safety just so I could have the light trigger pull with a way to easily and safely reholster etc. Very easy to sweep the safety off on the draw also.

Posts: 151 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another helpful link:

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-...on-instructions.html

..........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thank you ^^