SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig X-Ray Sights...?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig X-Ray Sights...? Login/Join 
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted
I'm sending a 225 off for a "freshen" and Trigger work soon. My Factory Night Sights are DOA. I've never seen the Current Sig NS offering. Can any of you offer opinions? I'm open to suggestions...not even sure if they're available for the 225....Thanks....Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I like them better than the standard Siglite night sights, but not quite as much as some of the other aftermarket night sights.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I bought a set of the X-Rays sights, put them on my P-228 and I love them. Great day time or night. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They provide more contrast than the Siglite night sights but are not nearly as bright as the Trijicon HD's, Trijicon HDR's or the Ameriglo's, either of which you'd like a lot more.

Posts: 70 | Registered: May 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
As others have said, the green is easier to pick up quickly than just a white dot, but if I were doing it over, I would go with orange Trijicons.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
They don't do anything better my regular SIGLITE.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Opinions on the forum are a mixed bag. Personally, I rate them far superior to standard Trijicon or Meprolight night sights.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
They don't do anything better my regular SIGLITE.

Interesting...I've been vacillating between SIGLITES and X-Ray 3. In the store, the X-Rays look awesome, but I've not shot with them. Actually, I haven't even shot with the SIGLITEs either, but have shot with and do like the three dot contrast sights on my SP2022 (though not as much as the bar-dots on my older SIGs).

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have them on a few pistols that came with the sights; Legions, P365's, etc.

The x-ray sights are subdued; the tritium is like any other, but the "x-ray" feature is the pale green ring around the tritium on the front sight. I say pale because it's subdued, as in low-observable, because it doesn't stand out. It fades and blends with a number of backgrounds, too, which in some respects actually makes it worse than most sights. It's harder to see under many circumstances.

Personally, I like the orange-front Trijicon HD sights, and I like the wide, deep u-notch on that sight a lot better, too.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I like them better than the standard Siglite night sights, but not quite as much as some of the other aftermarket night sights.

+1

I have the standard SIGLITE night sights on my p320 Carry and have had them on many other SIGs. I prefer the X-RAY3 sights by far. They are on my P365 and I like them.

I'm planning to change out the SIGLITES on my Carry at some point.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Generally on the SIG hammer fired guns they zero really well at distance.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I like them because of the easy pickup front. And I have always preferred a plain black notch rear. The XRays have tritium dots in the rear, but in daylight they just black out giving you a plain black rear, and a night you have tritium dots there.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much guys.....Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Pointless in my opinion. If the X-ray ring was bright red or orange it would be one thing...why they went with mild green is beyond me. Ameriglo or HD from trijicon are better in this regard. Otherwise they just work like regular night nights.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have them on my 365. It's pretty much the only thing I really like about the gun. My other pistols have a smattering of plain black post, white dot, trijocon night sights, and fiber optics. I like fiber optics for the quick sight acquisition, and night sights obviously for low light. The X-Ray sights are a nice combination of the two.

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Still three-dot...yuck.

For me they're more usable than plain tritium sights from Meprolight, Trijicon or Ameriglo. But they don't 'POP' like the orange-ringed Ameriglo and Trijicon HD night sights. I prefer Ameriglo because I can get the stacked sight alignment that I prefer (dot-over-dot, dot-over-post). The orange ring just stands out when shooting in all sorts of outdoor daylight conditions.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Meh, not great in medium light. Low or bright, great. If they come on gun, fine, but I wouldn't pay extra for them.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I'm switching out my front xray on my 365 for orange just not enough contrast that I'm drawn to it. I put ameriglows on my glocks and really like them. I also have Vickers gold bead front sights on my rtf2 and a few others I'm thing about changing out. My eyesight is not what it use to be.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with my X-Ray sights they work well, both my Legions as well as my P320 X Carry wear them well and so dos my P365,these sights will do the job of getting you on target fast, for those that might be eye sight impaired, there are a lot of other options , Tru-Glow FX PRO , will give you nice day and night vision on their sights, I use them on several of my EDC Rotation guns, Amer-glo Bold are nice I ordered my Glock Gen 5's with them, nice sights , and then there are Trigicon HD's, excellent sights, so there are several good choices out there for most every one...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2risky
posted Hide Post
They came on the Legion and I really like them, so I had them added to a 229 classic I have. More emphasis on the front sight which is the way I like to shoot; probably not for everyone YMMV

Posts: 658 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post