SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picking up a used USP 45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picking up a used USP 45 Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted
Well the place that shall not be named on Sig Forum had these on sale for $439. At that price I couldn’t resist. Already have an HK45 Tactical, VP9, and numerous P30 iterations (would still like a P2000) so figured I needed at least one USP in the collection. This HK sickness is getting out of hand quickly.

Will likely pick up some spare mags and possibly a threaded barrel for it so I can compare it against the HK45 suppressed.

Anything else I need/need to know?

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
.......Anything else I need/need to know?

Yes, you need a 45 USPC. Big Grin

The only HKs I have are a 45 USP (with an additional Barsto barrel), 45 USPC and 45 Tactical.

If I could just find a HK 357 Sig USP at a decent price I would be happy. Smile

Congratulations on the acquisition.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pinbot1966,

Posts: 88 | Location: Crawfordville | Registered: October 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
place that shall not be named

Who? Big Grin

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:

Who? Big Grin

My guess would be cdnn.... I saw this email yesterday and I wish I had jumped before they sold out...

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet. The USP is an excellent pistol.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I got sent several HK USPc pistols from them for good prices a few years ago.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
quote:
quote:

Who? Big Grin

My guess would be cdnn.... I saw this email yesterday and I wish I had jumped before they sold out...

First place I checked. Frown

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
quote:
quote:

Who? Big Grin

First place I checked. Frown

Yep, I told myself I was going to sleep on it but ended up back at their site about an hour later and noticed that they only had a handful remaining so I pulled the trigger.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the USP's. At this point you can buy 10-20K rounds of ammo and break it in...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I saw that deal too and almost bought another. The USP full size is definitely one of my favorites, especially in .45 ACP. The Mk23 and USP 45 are the only .45 ACP pistols I shoot regularly nowadays.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
The HKUSPF45 was my first HK love. I'll never love another HK pistol the same way ever again.

The HKUSPF45 is the most suppressible, indestructible, and accurate .45ACP I have ever owned. It outshines my custom 1911s that cost twice and three times the price. It's wicked silent with standard 230grn ball and a good suppressor (don't forget your suppressor must fit the 16/1 LH threads).

And yes, people call it the 'HK Brick'. But despite it's looks, it just feels right to me.

You will enjoy it.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell me about the sickness

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that's a great price. I still don't know how USPs can sell used for >$600 around here, and they rarely come up for sale.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
that's a great price. I still don't know how USPs can sell used for >$600 around here, and they rarely come up for sale.

40's are 499 in my area at green top. 45's were 450ish 4 years ago. Now they are back up to the 650 range. 9mm's are unobtainable. Tacticals, or experts are super rare.

I had to beg for a few weeks to find a K date 9mm usp. I paid 650. That was after about 5 years of constantly looking in stores. I make the rounds to the central va stores once a week. NoVa stores twice a year.

They are not sold because for many people they are the cats meow. They are tanks for sure.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just love my usp's and decided this thread was short on photos.

posted Hide Post
Two USPc's for me in 9mm, and a 45c as well. I love the platform and thought the USP compact was the best until I handled the 45c. Man, that thing just fits my hand like a glove.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a USP full sized 9mm...my brother bought it new in 1994...I bought it from him 1999...it has around 25k rounds through it at this point...NO FTF or FTE or any other issues ever...never any breakage of any kind...I had a full size .45 that I bought new around 2000....but it just didn't feel as good in my hand as the 9mm..so after a year of it sitting in the safe only coming out for occasional range days I sold it..They are great pistols. USP 9mm w/Factory threaded barrel

Posts: 19 | Location: Indiana or ROK | Registered: May 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great guns. I had a USP compact 45 that I ended up selling. Another gun I wish I'd have kept.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

I wish I had noticed that, I can always use an extra USP. I actually have a project that I could use the USP as the donor

My first two USPs are a 9 and 45 full size. They were acquired as soon as availble. Both are serial numbered in the 600s

Very well built firearms. I run lots of 45SUPER through mine and they suppress well

The USP45Ct is a nice little package the seams to fit everybody hands

The Expert and the Elite are amazing shooters

In addition to all my USP45s, as mentioned I have a first week of production full size 9MM and I added a USP9SD a few years later for use with my Trident suppressor.

The only other one I have is my USP357 which shoots GREAT. It is a shame the 357SIG was never offered in a full size version

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post