SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is your ccw made of?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your ccw made of? Login/Join 
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Poly, but that I shoot it well matters more. I have another purchased for the rotation, but because I am having difficulty with proficiency, it may soon find another home.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These days, my every-day-carry gun is a p320C 9mm with a SC grip wrapped in Talon grips in an Ozark IWB holster. I do love my p226es, 220s etc. but each time I go to the range with a gagel of guns, I always get some rounds through it, and happy it's always on my hip.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig Goodness Big Grin

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
First off I rarely carry, just not possible with my job. But when I'd do it's a 229. Need a holster for my 225-A1 next. Once I buy one it will be my carry piece. If I'm in the woods then it's 226. Either way it's a P series always. Only plastic gun I own is 2022.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
My Sig P-228 alloy/steel traditional Sig. Someday I might carry the P-320 I just picked up once I trust it. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have all plastic polymer handguns at this time. (CZ P-07, Ruger LCP and recently a SIG P320). However, this is happenstance. If a handgun "shoots good" I don't care what it's made from.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both. I don't care what the material is...all I care about is how well I shoot it.

All of my guns are for carry or home defense.

I started shooting over 50 years ago. Everything was steel and walnut. Times change whether you like it or not.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
When I carry it's either a P245, P220, P229 in 9my or a P229 in 357SIG. Occasionally I might carry my P250. I have Glocks, 17, 19, 21, even a 42 and I have good holsters for them but never have I carried a Glock.

I also have a couple 1911s with good holsters but have only carried them a few times.

I just prefer a DA/SA as a carry pistol.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Mine is made out of American steel and lubed with democrat tears.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
Both. Generally a poly gun- a Glock for quite a long time and now a VP9SK but I do also have a P938 for when I need something smaller.

Pretty much same here: Glock .357s and a 938, ( though a G43 has been carried more often lately. )

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Went from a 1911 to Glock. My G21 with 14 rounds weighs about the same as my empty Gov model. My EDC is a G19.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a Beretta Cougar...right @ 2 lbs.
She's heavy, but I'm used to it after 7 yrs.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Skeptic
Picture of Mike the Texan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
You left out choice "Both". Wink

Schrodinger's pistol?

Plastic for me: a G26 fits the bill for capacity and concealability.

Posts: 220 | Location: Near a white sand beach. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently a 239 - with aluminum grips (all metal aside from the rubber gaskets on the grip screws). I sure do like my usp compact though.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most often a SIG P-290, or Glock 42.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
As tnoutdoors9 would say:

Pah-LEE-muhr.

Big Grin

Posts: 567 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the above.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Both; someti es I carry an H&K P30 and other times it is a 229 or P6

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Steel Roscoe.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I carry a P6 or a P226, but I want a P320...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post