SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is your ccw made of?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your ccw made of? Login/Join 
posted
I feel like I'm a part of dying gun club, the guys that like the feeling or heft of a metal gun. The current market is flooded with polymer framed carry guns. There is still metal (steel... very rare, alloy/aluminum more common). I wonder how many actually still carry a metal framed gun. Not what's your favorite range toy made of, but what's the gun on your ankle, in the waistband, or shoulder holster made of.

Question:
What is the frame of your carry gun made of?

Choices:
Polymer/plastic
Metal/alloy
No clue

Posts: 14 | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both. Generally a poly gun- a Glock for quite a long time and now a VP9SK but I do also have a P938 for when I need something smaller.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Poly frame, typically my Walther PPS or Gen 2 Glock 19. Weight savings and ability to remain reliable with minimum lubrication are big advantages for me.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Mine's alloy, but I would carry a plastic fantastic just as fast. Even a fairly light gun gets heavy if you are on your feet for long periods of time. (Albeit, I can use a better belt)

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gen4 G17 for a while, recently got rid of it. ANOTHER Gen4 G19! I had several G19's through the years, PERFECT carry gun!

Posts: 72 | Registered: January 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
1911, either steel-frame Government or alloy-frame CCO. Sometimes an alloy-frame S&W snub.

I don't think you'll garner many "I have no clue" votes among the membership here. Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
4513TSW. Aluminum frame and stainless steel slide. Hammered fired goodness in a good looking reliable package. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
1911 all steel.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Glock 43 or 19.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
P938 or a P228. I'm working a Ruger LW Commander into the rotation. No polymer here.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 781 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
43 or p2000.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I have 2 primary carry guns, a P320 compact 45 and an H&K 45C.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
My CCW is made of Freedom and Liberty.

Well that and some stainless steel.
(P226 SSE)

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Polymer frame(s) here: G43 or G19, depending on weather and attire.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
I was using a Ruger LC9S Pro and recently replaced it with a Honor Guard for spring/summer carry. Winter I use a P320 SC grip module with compact slide.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
High tech, high impact, techno poly.......ahhh hell with it plastic. Smile.

Hammer fired HKs (P2000, P2000sk, P30 with a rare Walther PPS)

On very rare pocket occasions it would be an alloy or steel J-Frame.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Uh, that polymer stuff.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
G27...pretty much sums it up Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P250 .45 compact.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You left out choice "Both". Wink

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post