SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Romeo Zero lens failure
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Romeo Zero lens failure Login/Join 
Picture of SIGfourme
posted
I was shooting my new Sig 365 XL with its Romeo Zero yesterday. 2nd range trip with this gun. No problems on it’s 1st trip- 100 rounds - no problems. Yesterday- after about 20 rounds , I lose the red dot. Did the battery die? A piece of carbon blocking the projection?
Remove the slide, inspect the sight- looks good, I see red at the rear, but not in the lens. There is no lens! WTF! On the bench is the lens. Pop it back in- red dot working. Did I put in in correctly? Pop it out reverse it, nope 1st time was correct.
Will call Sig on Monday. Lifetime , worry free warranty.
I searched the web. No lens failures reported.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Sig makes some great products, the Romeo Zero isn't one of them.

Posts: 1811 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I picked up the Holosun 507K and it's been flawless and the price is acceptable. I didn't even consider the Romeo Zero after reading/watching reviews. If it's a carry gun dump the Romeo Zero.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Sig Romeo products are chinese red dots with the sig name slapped on them, I believe. Sig doesn't make them. Just sells them.

A warranty is of little value if you intend to use it to defend your life, unless you can stop the gunfight long enough to get it warrantied.

Otherwise, failure is not an option.

Also speaks to the need for another form of continuing the fight, whether it's another firearm, back up sights, etc.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig makes some great guns but I wish they would stop trying to be an everthing supplier. Spend more time on guns and less on things they are not good at.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
More justification to NOT have a Red Dot on a sub-compact CCW pistol/BUG!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
I picked up the Holosun 507K and it's been flawless and the price is acceptable. I didn't even consider the Romeo Zero after reading/watching reviews. If it's a carry gun dump the Romeo Zero.

The 507k is the way in micro red dots. Same footprint as the Romeo Zero and Shield RMSc, but made of aluminum, side-loading battery, manual brightness capabilities (auto, too), and waterproof.

There is no doubt that I am biased as I sell a lot of Holosun products, but there is just no room for debate when it comes to optics that use the very common RMSc footprint.

OP and anybody else: I am a dealer and sell 507ks. Contact me for SF pricing.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
More justification to NOT have a Red Dot on a sub-compact CCW pistol/BUG!

What does the Sig Romeo Zero being a POS have to do with the gun?

Posts: 1811 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post