SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock LE trade ins
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock LE trade ins Login/Join 
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I bought a G21 police trade in. It only came with one mag, but the price was cheap for a Glock. It was dirty with tons of lint inside, but it cleaned up nice and shoots and looks brand new on the outside. Came with night sights too. The added price of an additional mag still made the price much cheaper than I’ve ever seen.

Yours looks like a Gen3. Mine is a Gen4.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
https://us.glock.com/en/own/warranty

Warranty form PDF at the bottom of the page.

Bruce

GLOCK, Inc. guarantees its pistols against defects in materials and workmanship that adversely affect their operation for a period of one (1) year from the date of their original purchase by the initial consumer. ????

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Looks like boilerplate lawyer stuff.
They seem to guarantee them beyond forever. I have never had to pay for anything on any of the beaters I have sent in for work.
YMMV.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I sent in a dozen old Glock 21 mags for evaluation and Glock sent me back new gen4 mags.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
I am debating getting one from a local shop but only comes with 1 mag. I know mags are inexpensive. Do agencies normally get supplied 3 mags and do they only trade them in with 1? Or do shops get 3 and only sell you 1 and keep the other 2 for themselves?

Unless it's an "unissued" pistol, it is typical for police trade-in pistols to come with one magazine.
It should not be a deal-breaker.
Genuine Glock mags are inexpensive.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post