SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock LE trade ins
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock LE trade ins Login/Join 
posted
I am debating getting one from a local shop but only comes with 1 mag. I know mags are inexpensive. Do agencies normally get supplied 3 mags and do they only trade them in with 1? Or do shops get 3 and only sell you 1 and keep the other 2 for themselves?

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Nearly every online trade in deal I have seen states one mag.
But, on the same website, there seems to always be a sale on used mags for those model as well.
Hmmm.....

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
That’s probably what they do. Sell extra mags for profit. We just did our second Glock trade in this year (last time was 2008) and I made sure every Glock we traded in had three mags.

AFAIK, they have been selling them with three mags.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
That’s what they do. But the good news is that used 40 mags are cheap and plentiful. Buds had a bunch a while back, as did AIM surplus. If they are 9mm guns, there’s always Magpul at Brownells for about $10 each of you buy 3.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recoil Gun Works has a bunch of surplus mags and sells them in bulk, too. For beater mags, fine. For carry, get your own for a bit more peace of mind.

Glocks, even when abused, tend to soldier on. They're not the best of anything, whether it's accuracy or anything else, but they do tend to go and go, and even the surplus pistols tend to be good deals most of the time.

Most of my Glocks have been purchased used. Most of those weren't police trade-ins, but a few are; some were beaten and scratched, others showed zero wear and were probably never issued. Unissued surplus Glocks can be had. When I buy used, I usually look for ones with little or no evident wear, and most of the time the ones I get stil have the copper antiseize in them and no signs of use or wear at all. That's not usually the case for police trade-ins, but you can still get some really good deals on police trade-in pistols.

I would go through the pistol and examine it closely and replace springs at a minimum, and see what else might stand in need. Just about everything there will be easily and inexpensively replaced, as need be.

Do the same with surplus mags. Make sure they insert and fall free and haven't expanded, been stepped on or bent or otherwise damaged.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am confused what the answer to the OP would mean anyway? Maybe they do, maybe they don't but why would the answer mean anything?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
I am debating getting one from a local shop but only comes with 1 mag. I know mags are inexpensive. Do agencies normally get supplied 3 mags and do they only trade them in with 1? Or do shops get 3 and only sell you 1 and keep the other 2 for themselves?

When buying used, all bets are off. Sold as is, unless advertised.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Unless they advertise them as coming with 3 magazines, and provide only one, you don’t really have anything to complain about. JMHO.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Unless they advertise them as coming with 3 magazines, and provide only one, you don’t really have anything to complain about. JMHO.

Not complaining just wondering.

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:

When buying used, all bets are off. Sold as is, unless advertised.

Except he can send it to Glock and they’ll go through it from stem to stern and replace everything damaged or worn at no charge and send back to him a rebuilt pistol.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
If its a 40, I highly recommend just selling the old mags off, and replacing them with new $20 Glock mags.

.40 mags now come with extra power 11 coil springs. The older mags just came with standard 10 coil Glock 17 springs.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
If its a 40, I highly recommend just selling the old mags off, and replacing them with new $20 Glock mags.

Or. Send several of these with the pistol to Glock in Smyrna and get them replaced with new ones for free while they give your new used G22 a sonic bath, oil massage and a new parts facial.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

Or. Send several of these with the pistol to Glock in Smyrna and get them replaced with new ones for free while they give your new used G22 a sonic bath, oil massage and a new parts facial.

And how does one go about doing this? I just won an auction on GB for a G31, very excited.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

And how does one go about doing this? I just won an auction on GB for a G31, very excited.

This link will give you a web page where you can ask for the form which you’ll print out, fill in, and ship with your gun and magazines. At least that’s how it worked when I did it a couple years ago:

https://us.glock.com/en/contact-us

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have any aftermarket parts in your Glock, other than sights, when you send it to Glock, they will remove everything and replace it with stock parts. You'll get your parts back in a baggie.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
https://us.glock.com/en/own/warranty

Warranty form PDF at the bottom of the page.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have a G19 police trade in that looks a little rough on the outside, but is an excellent shooter. As long as it didn’t look damaged externally, I wouldn’t sweat buying another.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
picked it up today, very excited.

Glock 31 LE trade-in by Trevor Gilliam, on Flickr