SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question about putting APEX flat trigger back on upgraded P320
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about putting APEX flat trigger back on upgraded P320 Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone who has received their P320 back from the upgrade re-installed their Apex flat trigger?
Just wondering, any thoughts about doing it?

Posts: 95 | Location: Richardson, Texas | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I called Sig customer service & asked three questions;
1) Are upgraded slides backwards compatible with non-upgraded FCU's - "Yes"
2) My upgrade was rejected online because it was sold to LE - CS Rep took info for upgrade on phone
3) Was any change made to the configuration of the trigger other than the thinner profile - "NO, all aftermarket triggers will work with the upgraded FCU, only the weight of the standard trigger was reduced. That is why the flat X5 trigger is not being replaced".

4) Being retired with extra time on my hands I decided to weigh P320 triggers. Sig is reducing the curved trigger weight, but not the X5 flat trigger with the upgrade. I know that weight distribution is more important than actual weight, but here it is. Weighing was done on my powder scale in grains & sample of 1 except for 2 Grayguns Flat & 2 Sig non-pinch.

Sig Original - 229.6
Sig non-pinch update - 251.5
Sig X5 Flat - 234.5
Grayguns Flat - 235.0
Grayguns Curved - 249.9
APEX Action Flat - 230.6
APEX Advanced Flat - 234.8

It appears that Sig increased the total weight of the P320 trigger by about 9% from the original trigger.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Wasn't trigger mass one of the issues?

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anush,

Thank you for your response. My P320 Tac Ops is one of my duty guns and I have to submit my " aftermarket" parts request to our Rangemaster for approval before I carry it on duty.

Based on your weights,and the upgrade, I believe im good to go with the APEX flatty.

Posts: 95 | Location: Richardson, Texas | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update, but I’m confused by the terminology and figures.

Is the “nonpinch update” trigger the curved thinner trigger being supplied with the “upgraded” (fixed) guns? If so, you say the trigger weight is being reduced, but then you indicate that the upgraded(?) trigger weighs more than the original.

I’m obviously missing something. Confused

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is the “nonpinch update” trigger the curved thinner trigger being supplied with the “upgraded” (fixed) guns? If so, you say the trigger weight is being reduced, but then you indicate that the upgraded(?) trigger weighs more than the original.

Originally the P320 came with trigger that did not have a tab on the front. Reportedly many P320 users complained of finger pinch so Sig changed the trigger by adding the tab, which increased the weight. I have not been sent a shipping label to return any of my P320's, so I have not weighed the "upgrade thin trigger".

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should relabel it "adverse" trigger to avoid confusion.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
adverse

synonyms: unfavorable, disadvantageous, inauspicious, unpropitious, unfortunate, unlucky, untimely, untoward More

I never had a problem with the original trigger. Maybe it should be called the Glock "conspiracy" trigger.

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
Originally the P320 came with trigger that did not have a tab on the front. Reportedly many P320 users complained of finger pinch so Sig changed the trigger by adding the tab, which increased the weight. I have not been sent a shipping label to return any of my P320's, so I have not weighed the "upgrade thin trigger".

Okay, thanks. I obviously misunderstood.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post