SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    One of the reasons I love the Glock platform!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of the reasons I love the Glock platform! Login/Join 
posted
So cool to be able to just swap slides. One for late Autumn through early Spring and one for when it's hot and wearing less clothes. I dig it.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
P320 platform does that while being ergonomic. Just sayin.

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dEX_RX:

But guess which one was easier to convert to .38 Super... Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I find the Glock platform to be quite ergonomic.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

I find the Glock platform to be quite ergonomic.

You have square hands?

j/k

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

P320 and ergonomic just don't belong in the same sentence. Just sayin.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
Only pistol I've ever held that felt remotely 'ergonomic' was the VP9.

The glock is the AR of the pistol world in terms of modularity and customization. Not many others come close, maybe the M&P?

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
320s point funny for me. Don't see the front sight, muzzle down. Bad "ergonomics". My 2x4 grip Glock...right at home, right on target. Jus' sayin'. Razz

Every gun has ergonomics. It's just that some are judged as being superior to others. Classic YMMV moment.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with Glock ergos. I find them quite comfortable to hold and shoot

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know that much about Glocks so I'm a little confused. Are you putting a G23 slide on a G27 frame? I can't make out what the slide says.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I don't know that much about Glocks so I'm a little confused. Are you putting a G23 slide on a G27 frame? I can't make out what the slide says.

G23 was converted to 9mm and the frame was chopped to size of G26 so that I can have a light rail. I can swap slides with my G19MOS and have a subcompact grip with light rail and RMR for summer carry.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a big plus to glocks.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Looks good, zdog16.
Did you do the 26L cutdown yourself or did someone else do it?

I'm going to do the same thing soon, with a gen4 19 frame. I've noticed a huge difference carrying a G26 and a G19 AIWB. The 19 butt sticks out so much I get paranoid. The 26 is perfect but doesn't have a light or an RMR.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
That reduced grip, stippled Glock looks to be very comfortable!

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Looks good, zdog16.
Did you do the 26L cutdown yourself or did someone else do it?

I'm going to do the same thing soon, with a gen4 19 frame. I've noticed a huge difference carrying a G26 and a G19 AIWB. The 19 butt sticks out so much I get paranoid. The 26 is perfect but doesn't have a light or an RMR.

Yes

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
That reduced grip, stippled Glock looks to be very comfortable!

Yes it is indeed very, very comfortable.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

posted Hide Post
OK. Maybe that's what I need to do. Im like the Glock platform but just can't conceal a G23 in the summer.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
While being larger and fatter. Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
320s point funny for me. Don't see the front sight, muzzle down.

saaaaame^^

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post