SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Age Related Poll--Are You a Revolver Man
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Age Related Poll--Are You a Revolver Man Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
686 and GP100 not for carry, but as a game room pistol for when we are upstairs watching TV. No one is coming up the stairs if I’m at the top with a 357 Mag loaded with Federal PD 125 gr JHPs. I also use these as hunting sidearms.

Hope I never have to shoot that round in the house. I’ll lose what’s left of my hearing.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Wish I could conceal carry my Highway Patrolman. Too heavy for my belt.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I carry a revolver every day, and even started a thread about it. Smile

A true over 40 revolver man Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am becoming more of a revolver man as each year passes. In large part due to Arthritis in the Radial Head of each wrist and both thumbs. Oddly enough the pattern of my arthritis does not cause any pain while shooting either shotguns or handguns. However at this point it's getting quite painful to rack the slide on a 45 caliber 1911 so I can foresee they day when I'll only be shooting revolvers.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do carry a Ruger LCR 22WMR as a pocket, coat/jacket, gun. I would get a larger caliber but recoil prevents it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
In my 60s, but not a revolver man, at least not for carry/defense. Collector, sure.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I am 40 and, while I do have two revolvers (a 617 .22 and a 627 .357), they are a meager part of my collection and are shot infrequently.

So that's "no", but "over 40" (by a hair).

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in my 60s, and love revolvers, but currently don't use any for carry or as a bedside gun. I was actually thinking of using this gun as a bedside gun (with a TLR-7 tactical light), but it wouldn't fit in my bedside biometric safe:

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Since I have had a Smith & Wesson J-frame with me almost every day of my life since 1980 does that make me a Revolver Man?

I have had a SIG P220, 229 or 239 with me the majority of the time since 1977. There were Colts and HKs substituted in there occasionally. So does that make me a Auto Loader Man?

For several decades now, if you caught me in my vehicle, there would be one revolver and two semi auto pistols within an arms length. Plus a SMG in the back with spare ammo (originally it would have been a Thunderstick in the back)

In my heart, I would grab the Thunderstick first in a fight. I guess that just makes me old

BTW I am over 40

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outside of a Webley I enjoy historically I am not a revolver guy. I love older stuff but revolvers just dont float my boat. I've tried, just doesnt happen for me.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nathab2
posted Hide Post
For everyday carry in town - Sig auto in 9mm or 45ACP. For everyday carry in the mountains I take the S&W329PD. It's a handful but no kidding the most fun handgun I own.

Posts: 897 | Location: OR, USA | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
At 58 YOA, I still consider myself a revolver guy. Having used revolvers since I was quite young. I carried model 19s and 66s on the job when I first came on. And till they took them away. My old duty gun, a 4 inch 66-2 resides inside my nightstand.

But I don't carry revolvers for serious purpose any longer. The threat has changed. But I still enjoy shooting them at the range. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Pretty much...I'm 66 and currently only own three semi-auto pistols (daily carry Glock, Ruger and a .22 Browning Buck Mark)...Everything else is a split between my five single actions (CAS) and my three double action revolvers in .38/.357...
Long guns are a whole 'nuther story Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'll be 60 in a few days, and I'm not a revolver man. Sure, I've owned several of them previously but was never able to shoot them well at all. Still love how badass some of them look, though.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I'll be 60 in a few days, and I'm not a revolver man. Sure, I've owned several of them previously but was never able to shoot them well at all. Still love how badass some of them look, though.

I'll swear...you don't look a day over 59 Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:

In my heart, I would grab the Thunderstick first in a fight. I guess that just makes me old

BTW I am over 40

I'm very close to 50. I learned how to really shoot well with a S&W 66 / 19.
I prefer a semi-auto, but if I got to grab a 6 shooter, I know what I'm doing.

On to that Shotty.
TO HELL WITH THAT FOLDABLE STOCK! MAY IT AND THE BASTARD THAT INVENTED IT SUFFER FROM SYPHLYS!

I hate that damn stock! A good cheak weld, with some 3in mag rounds, and you're walking away with loose teeth on top and a black eye!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Grew up with revolvers.. never shot a semi-auto until about 20 years ago.... inherited a Ruger P95 from my late brother in law and for some reason never could quite go back.....

Have taken and graduated the four day defensive handgun class at Front Sight four times with four different semi-autos.... am tempted to go and try it with a revolver one day...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I currently have 2 revolvers, a Taurus Model 85 and a Ruger SP101, in 327 Federal Magnum. Sometimes I carry the Ruger, I love the caliber. The Ruger is just a tad heavy .

Age 67, and have owned many, and carried many revolvers in the past. Probably carry a revolver more if I had a Ruger LCR in 327 Federal Magnum.

My ratio , autos to revolvers in my life would be 8:1.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pinefd:
I'm in my 60s, and love revolvers, but currently don't use any for carry or as a bedside gun. I was actually thinking of using this gun as a bedside gun (with a TLR-7 tactical light), but it wouldn't fit in my bedside biometric safe:

Frank

PineFD - tell us about this beauty please!

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I’ve owned a few revolvers over the years and may own another some day. However, for now I’m okay with my P320 and P365.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post