SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Age Related Poll--Are You a Revolver Man
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Age Related Poll--Are You a Revolver Man Login/Join 
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted
I am defining Revolver Man as anyone who sometimes relies on a revolver for carry or home defense. Not necessarily to the exclusion of other options, just sometimes. I am curious about whether age is a factor in defining the Revolver Man demographic.

Question:
Are you a Revolver man, and over/under the age of 40?

Choices:
Yes I am a Revolver Man (I am under 40)
No I am not a Revolver Man (I am under 40)
Yes I am a Revolver Man (I am over 40)
No I am not a Revolver Man (I am over 40)

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
One of my home defense favorites is a Ladies Home Companion.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I have owned several, and I have enjoyed most of them.

I do not have one now, but I have rarely shot one that I didn't find to be fun, reliable, and easy to use.

My one exception is the 442/642 sub-set of the J-frames.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
34 here.
S&W 36 loaded with +P JHP. Not my first resort, but an option.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
I carry a smith and wesson 442 everyday, great gun.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
74 here. Yes, I purchased a S&W K 38 a week or so before I graduated pharmacy school in 1968, Qualified with the S&W Combat Masterpiece in USAF OCS the next year, no big deal after getting proficient with my K 38. I get all the model numbers mixed up but keep a heavy barrel stainless 4" .357 K frame by the bed, My wife has the stainless version of the j frame M60 in her nightstand, and I sometimes carry a 342, the double action only j frame scandium light.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first large bore acquisition was a Security Six, used, that I thought had been operated on by someone who knew what he was doing. Have owned, just not enjoyed, other wheelguns since, but none have ever lived up to the expectations that old Ruger set.

"I won't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Posts: 29 | Location: TX | Registered: October 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As of last Thursday, when I took delivery of a Ruger GP100 in .327 Federal Magnum, I am @ 65+.

Now, if in the next 3-4 months, I can corral the funds, I will come back as a semiautomatic guy @ 66.... Big Grin

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
At 45 (almost46), I prefer semi’s but I have, use, like and continue to use wheel guns.

Really digging the GP100 series in .38 Special at present.

A .357 GP100 and .357 Vaquero are on my short list.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry
I am over 40 and shoot a lot of revolver but

As per your description of a Revolver Man
I don't qualify, I depend on bottom feeders like my Sig 365 or my others Sigs for carry or home defense. Not that I don't trust the revolver, but I understand it's limitations.

When I am out playing shooting games,then I am known as a revolver guy,
where there are rules and the round count is 6 and / or I can afford the 4-5 seconds to reload the next 6 my revolvers are my go to guns.

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Under your parameters, I voted no, over 40.

But the last 3 guns I bought were revolvers, all single actions. I absolutely love these guns, my current favorites. But I don't use them for H.D. or carry.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
At 50, I don't believe I truly fit your definition.
I do own at least 23 revolvers at the moment however and just off the top of my head can think of 16 others I've sold.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I've always had a soft spot for the wheelgun, and I'm pushing 50. My current inventory:

2 J-frame
1 K-frame
3 L-frame
1 SP101

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
CCW for me is exclusively some type of semi-auto. Presently my go-to is my P320 X-compact.

That being said, I grew up learning to shoot handguns with my dad's H&R 9-shot .22 revolver. The first centerfire handgun I purchased (some ~30 years ago) was an S&W 686 w/6" bbl. I still enjoy shooting that revolver quite a lot and have the box, papers, and sales receipt.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first duty handgun: S&W Model 15 Combat Masterpiece. Courtesy of USAF.
First Police duty weapon: S&W Model 10 Heavy Barrel.
Been revolver equipped ever since. No plans to change.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I definitely own and like revolvers, but semiautos are what I shoot the most.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love revolvers.

I don't love cleaning them.

I vaguely remember being 40...

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Although I have more semis,and carry one, all of my favorites are J, K,and N frame S & W revolvers, with a couple of Colts thrown in for diversity.

and I am 70.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm 35, and I have a J-frame, a GP100, an SP101, a Speed 6, a Single-six, and a Blackhawk...and IIrc, I bought the first one when I was 26. The J-frame, the SP-101, and the Blackhawk get carried, too, in specific situations.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be 62 in May, and I am a Revolver Guy thru and thru...First Handgun I purchased was a Smith & Wesson Model 19-3, back when I was young enough that Dad had to fill out the "Yellow Sheet"...My EDC piece is a 442 "No Dash", probably to be supplanted by a Model 19 or 66 Snubby in the near future...

Posts: 641 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post