SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Age Related Poll--Are You a Revolver Man
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Age Related Poll--Are You a Revolver Man Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike-4:
quote:
Originally posted by pinefd:
I'm in my 60s, and love revolvers, but currently don't use any for carry or as a bedside gun. I was actually thinking of using this gun as a bedside gun (with a TLR-7 tactical light), but it wouldn't fit in my bedside biometric safe:

Frank

PineFD - tell us about this beauty please!

Thanks, Mike! Some people think these are beauties (like you and me), while others think they're ugly. But that's ok, to each their own.

It's a S&W Performance Center TRR8, and it has a slightly lower end sibling, which is the R8. The TRR8 has a removable top and bottom accessory rail, and while I really like the looks of the bottom rail on it, the top rail is a bit much, unless you're actually using it to mount something. Anyway, here's more info about the gun: https://www.smith-wesson.com/f...enter-model-327-trr8

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
I'm very close to 50. I learned how to really shoot well with a S&W 66 / 19.
I prefer a semi-auto, but if I got to grab a 6 shooter, I know what I'm doing.

On to that Shotty.
TO HELL WITH THAT FOLDABLE STOCK! MAY IT AND THE BASTARD THAT INVENTED IT SUFFER FROM SYPHLYS!

I hate that damn stock! A good cheak weld, with some 3in mag rounds, and you're walking away with loose teeth on top and a black eye!

I totally agree. My fighting shot gun of choice is the Ithaca Model 37 with an 18" barrel. I just do not have one of mine photographed

The 870 Police Folder in the photo was the personal trunk gun of a former Commander of the Florida Highway Patrol. Upon his passing it came to me and I happened to have an image of it.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
Closer to 50 than 40...own an N frame and J frame. Last year sold my Ruger GP 100 .22 and Dan Wesson 715 HB—regret selling both.

SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1640 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Not a revolver man by your definition. I am over 40. However, I do hunt with a S&W 629 Classic and love it. It's a little large for CC. Smile

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I missed out years ago on the S&W 3.5" stainless revolvers in .44 Spl so when ruger announced they were going to make a 3.5" GP100 in .44 Spl, I had to have one. It's my backpacking and fishing gun.

100_6226 by Brad Benzing, on Flickr

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I’m over 40 just bought my first new revolver. Picked up the new Colt Cobra Retro. I really like it a lot. I got a Lobo Leather IWB made and it’s a great combo.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Fakkkkk I clicked the wrong spot and voted..move one from yes but under 40 to yes but over 40..

I’m 50 and I’ve had them all my life...I edc a Glock 19 or a jframe...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Fakkkkk I clicked the wrong spot and voted..move one from yes but under 40 to yes but over 40..

I’m 50 and I’ve had them all my life...I edc a Glock 19 or a jframe...

LOL, no problem! The data are telling me what I thought when I started the poll. FYI, I am 55, and a Yes man for this poll, but also a Glock man.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brother:
LOL, no problem! The data are telling me what I thought when I started the poll. FYI, I am 55, and a Yes man for this poll, but also a Glock man.

What surprises me is how few responses under 40 you got at all...I'm not sure if there just aren't many of us youngsters on the board period, or if my generation is so uninterested in revolvers that they didn't even open the thread. Either way, they're missing out.

Posts: 8413 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
I'm very close to 50. I learned how to really shoot well with a S&W 66 / 19.
I prefer a semi-auto, but if I got to grab a 6 shooter, I know what I'm doing.

On to that Shotty.
TO HELL WITH THAT FOLDABLE STOCK! MAY IT AND THE BASTARD THAT INVENTED IT SUFFER FROM SYPHLYS!

I hate that damn stock! A good cheak weld, with some 3in mag rounds, and you're walking away with loose teeth on top and a black eye!

I totally agree. My fighting shot gun of choice is the Ithaca Model 37 with an 18" barrel. I just do not have one of mine photographed

The 870 Police Folder in the photo was the personal trunk gun of a former Commander of the Florida Highway Patrol. Upon his passing it came to me and I happened to have an image of it.

Don't get me wrong, as far as shotguns go, I first learned on a Remmington 870 in the Marines and STILL can wield one around like no ones business! I love mine. To me, a 870 is the Ford F-150 of the shotgun world.

BUT THAT DAMNED STOCK!!!!

I went through this nice class in the Marines for shotguns. I really learned a lot of excellent information, and how to really use one, as well as how to implement different loads- 00, #8, slug, different breaching rounds. How to combat re-load, refresh the magazine. Stationary targets, trap, skeet, moving targets. Strong side, weak side, shoulder, armpit, hip...
Class was a week long.

Now I want you to imagine a week of 90% range time, with pretty much unlimited rounds of FREE, high brass (2 3/4 and 3in) and mag rounds...

Sounds like Nirvana, huh?

Well, do it with THAT STOCK!!!

Fuck my life!
Both shoulders looked like hamburger. A proper cheak weld, and your face looking like you just got out of a boxing ring. I swear that I had loose teeth after all that shit!

The ONLY time in my life that I ever hated "free rounds"!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
CPD SIG, I have one of those LE 870s too. Mine is a former OSHP gun. It's been in the safe since the one (1) time I shot it, 30? years ago.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
S&W PC Model 19.

I don't consider myself as a revolver man, but I am competent enough with them to be able to employ one effectively, if needed, so I'll periodically carry it.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post