SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will a MK25 Threaded Barrel fit a P226 Combat?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will a MK25 Threaded Barrel fit a P226 Combat? Login/Join 
Picture of 21sports
posted
Anyone know if a P226 MK25 threaded barrel will fit in the P226 Combat?

I have a P226 MK25 9mm threaded barrel for sale and I have someone who wants to buy it and wants to know if it will fit his P226 9mm Combat.

Posts: 1626 | Location: OREGON | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
It should; they're both P226s.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 21sports
posted Hide Post
That was my thought too. The buyer has some fit concerns and he wants a confirmation before he buys it.

Posts: 1626 | Location: OREGON | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes they fit

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depend, i've had a p226 tactical and the barrel fit all of my other p226 but it dosen't fit with my MK25. The ejection port of my particular MK25 was too short. The barrel needed to be modified.

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 21sports
posted Hide Post
So it's not a simple YES?

posted Hide Post
i think you have 95% chances that it will fit

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every barrel swap has a minor risk of tolerance stacking. They all should work in the 226 family but a tiny percentage of the time they don't. normally its just a tiny bit of fitting that most would do themselves, but sometimes it has to get extra help and some want that done by others.
There is no logical reason this won't work but you cannot guarantee any set of parts in this.
I've swapped dozens of barrels on the 226 no issue but I might be lucky.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post